Tuning Pierburg MAP Sensor and Boost Gauge .

Currently reading:
Tuning Pierburg MAP Sensor and Boost Gauge .

Spent this morning helping a friend install a boost gauge to his JTD. He's tuned it and likes messing so I went round to give him a hand.

This was the boost gauge we installed, works quite well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330729815146

I've attached Pierburg MAP Sensor PDF that he gave me to the post. It contains info some of you may find useful.

Attachments

• pg_si_0102_en_web.pdf
    447.3 KB · Views: 127
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi I'm wanting to do the same in my 150 jtdm bravo ( fit a boost gauge ) and was wondering ware you connected the pipe from the back of the gauge to ? I believe I need to measure intake manifold pressure ?

Cheers

Hi I'm wanting to do the same in my 150 jtdm bravo ( fit a boost gauge ) and was wondering ware you connected the pipe from the back of the gauge to ? I believe I need to measure intake manifold pressure ?

Cheers

Contact Greg(https://www.fiatforum.com/members/chappers14) I fitted his for him.

He'll be able to supply you with photo's of where and how I drilled and fitted a quarter inch thread, one eight barbed hose connector(pictured below) to the plastic elbow on the inlet manifold.

brass-hose-connector-434395.jpg

chappers14

Last edited:
Thats where I installed Greg's(Chappers14).

I though it was the best place.

Its easy to drill and seals very well. Plus the part(and the hole in it) can easily be replaced if the gauge is removed.

I installed it closer to the manifold and pointing rearward so the pipe lay a little more flat under the engine cover.

Thats where I installed Greg's(Chappers14).

I though it was the best place.

Its easy to drill and seals very well. Plus the part(and the hole in it) can easily be replaced if the gauge is removed.

I installed it closer to the manifold and pointing rearward so the pipe lay a little more flat under the engine cover.

that looks really good that buddy, thats where i will mount mine as that pipe is only plastic too, so will be easy to drill, plus what connector did you use buddy, i take it that it bolts from the other side to, so that it create a nice seal with teh rubber washers?

that looks really good that buddy, thats where i will mount mine as that pipe is only plastic too, so will be easy to drill, plus what connector did you use buddy, i take it that it bolts from the other side to, so that it create a nice seal with teh rubber washers?

No rubber washer or nut needed.

I used the same connector as pictured above but with a tapered thread so it self sealed as I tightened it into the plastic. No need to remove the pipe this way, just be careful not to let any of the plastic swarf drop into the hole. ;)

Back