Technical Evo 1.6 Diesel Sporting servicing

Currently reading:
Technical Evo 1.6 Diesel Sporting servicing

walsallpunto

Hi, I've had a few GPs, Punto's etc. over the years and I bought the 1.6MJ Sporting in January, compared to the 1.9 MJ Sporting that was 18000mile service interval this one is 21000miles but I'm confused it is an 11 plate with 11000 miles on the clock, should I get it serviced at 21000miles or 12 months. Fiat so no unless the DPL light comes on, then no, a dealership said no but Arnold Clark are saying yes and if it doesn't will affect my warranty. Does anybody know for sure? Please. The car is 12 months old on the 6th June. Thanks.

Hi, I've had a few GPs, Punto's etc. over the years and I bought the 1.6MJ Sporting in January, compared to the 1.9 MJ Sporting that was 18000mile service interval this one is 21000miles but I'm confused it is an 11 plate with 11000 miles on the clock, should I get it serviced at 21000miles or 12 months. Fiat so no unless the DPL light comes on, then no, a dealership said no but Arnold Clark are saying yes and if it doesn't will affect my warranty. Does anybody know for sure? Please. The car is 12 months old on the 6th June. Thanks.

I think their recommended service intervals are too far apart sometimes. I always get an oil and filter change every 6 months or so, which is basically what the first service usually is anyway.

They say 21k miles (or less depending on the car) or two years (on current models - I think all are 2 years) whichever comes first. Still far to long though IMO, I wouldn't put money on servicable parts lasting so long, especially the oil and various filters.

My MiTo wasn't due for a service for another 14k miles but the air filter was in desperate need of replacing, not according to Fiat / Alfa though :confused:

Thanks for the reply, normally what ever car I have I service them every 12 months so I will probably get a basic service done at 12 months.

I was told at least once every 12 months or 21,000 when I bought my 1.6 Sporting. 2 years is the absolute maximum between services. I'll be getting mine done at the beginning of September (mines a 61 plate)

Back