meshing front bumper of 99 sei

Currently reading:
meshing front bumper of 99 sei

kryptic

can anyone give me the exact way of doing this? im willing to give it a go but i want to make sure i know exactly what im doing before i start. ive seen a few threads on it but i need some detailed instructions if poss!! cheers!

i take it you have the bumnper with horizontal bars going across and tear drop eyes on either side.

Steps to take.

Remove bumper:
8 screws to remove.
2 in each wheel arch up in the corner
2 in front of bonnet, visible when open bonnet
2 underneath car cant miss them really

Remove middle section:
I let a body shop do this for me it was quite cheap and i wouldnt know where to start. But this is what they did:
Use hacksaw or jigsaw to remove bars in middle, cut them flush to bumper, to leave holes.

u see cut away bits to fill in the holes from behind and fill them out with body filler sand and spray.

Cut mesh to size and fix with strong glue of fibre glass

cheers,

a body shop quoted me the best part of £350 to mesh the bumper, i wouldn't feel confident spraying it myself due to *AHEM*, past incidents. :D

the other option is that i try and find a mk2 sei bumper, but this is harder than it seems.

I was the first to do this ;):p ages ago its quite easy to do the hardest thing is takeing the bumper off.
Basially unscrew your number plate, get a jigsaw or hacksaw with a new blade and cut away.
Cut out all the bars going across the bumper and foglights if you want but go easy when your getting close to the sides of the bumper.
Using a sharp stanley knife and a straight edge a metal rulers perfect for this, score the remaining bits of bumper that you could'nt saw off and twist the plastic if its scored enough it will snap off.
Mesh will cost anything upto £50 depending what mesh you go for, 3 or four tins of fibreglass filler (ooh the smell) to hold the mesh in.
Don't need to spray the bumper after i never did so long as your careful and don't slip with the jigsaw.[:

It were proper Bo i tell thee!!​

so basically you mesh in front of the cut outs you make? i think im gonna have problems if i want to keep my fog lights because they sit behind the level of the two horizonal slats. think im a bit too scared to attempt this myself, might order a novitech replacement instead.

i can post pics of my bumper up if u like but i aint got any where to host them. Anytone help?

My bumper cost £100 for everything paint, primer, cutting, spraying and meshing.
And it is a very good job

No you mesh behind the cutout as there is a lip there, just bend the mesh and use fibreglass filler to bond it there using something heavy'ish to hold the mesh there. You can keep your foglights as i did when i did my bumper.

Novitec bumpers are an absolute git to fit as i have the only one in the UK :p and the fits not that great either, but it does look the dogs tho!

It were proper Bo i tell thee!!​

Back