Technical Speedo not working

Currently reading:
Technical Speedo not working

Greyhound_Shrops

Hello,

My wife's Multi (a 2001 Y Reg JTD 110 ELX) has an inoperative speedo. The rest of the instruments work OK. Just the speedo does not and it has stopped counting up the mileage as well.

I connected my laptop and the error code indicated an inoperative speed sensor. This was a reasonably cheap part to replace so I have done just that. The speedo still does not work.

I have also fitted my wife's instrument cluster into my Multi (2003 53 Reg JTD115 ELX) where it was fully operational. As a further check, I fitted my cluster into my wife's car where the same fault (inoperative speedo) was present.

So I have a fully working instrument cluster and a brand new speed sensor fitted. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the sensor is not talking to the speedo? I cannot read the speed directly from the ECU on my laptop either.

Regards

Ian

Have you put a multi-meter across the sensor and speedo ends of the cable(s)? As you've got a functioning Multipla to compare it with, that might narrow it down to a defective wire.

I would try the new sensor in your fiat to make sure its not a dud or put yours which you know works in the other fiat and go from there.

Back