Technical Bluetooth ELM327 errors?

Currently reading:
Technical Bluetooth ELM327 errors?

I've a feeling I've got a dud but just to clarify with you chaps.

I plug it into the Stilo and on the Stilo display it says Loose Connection, and all the dash lights light up.

Ironically FiatEcuScan 3.5 free connects to the ELM327, but I can only get into the first Engine option, and it does stuff like switch on the electric fan. But none of the other options work.

So I've got a dud right?

I've a feeling I've got a dud but just to clarify with you chaps.

I plug it into the Stilo and on the Stilo display it says Loose Connection, and all the dash lights light up.

Ironically FiatEcuScan 3.5 free connects to the ELM327, but I can only get into the first Engine option, and it does stuff like switch on the electric fan. But none of the other options work.

So I've got a dud right?

The free version of FES has restricted options, for full functionality you need to purchase it.

Cheers mate I sussed that last night.... but also noticed on the site that there is stuff about resistors and rewires and stuff.

However is this what I need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airbag-AB...s_Equipment&hash=item231c52c39f#ht_1634wt_698

Pack of 3 OBD cables with the cross-overs corrected etc. So is this all I need to go along with my licensed fiatecuscan software? Will that get rid of the "Loose connection" message on the dash?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The Loose Connection warning on the dash can be caused by a few different faults, it will only disappear once you have cured the faults.

FES, an ELM327 cable and the adapters you linked to will help you do that but they will not just turn of the warning, you'll have to correct the fault for that to happen.

Check the connections on your battey, then have the battery checked, Stilo's are very power hungry, they like fully charged big powerful batteries, weak or failing batteries will produce the Loose Connection warning so its probabely the best place to start.

Last edited:
I only get the loose connection error when I plug in the OBD adaptor. Car is fine when its not plugged in lol.

I hadn't noticed the adaptor cables on the site, now that I have I'll take a punt. If nowt else I can attempt to recode my key when I get my code, and I can reset my service indicator when I get my local garage to service the car and no more Arnold Clark.

Nah I just got an ELM327 bluetooth, it gives a loose connection error on the Stilo dash when connected.

But Fiatecuscan picks it up, and I can do some basics, like it sees the engine, can switch on rad fan etc. But not much else, but that I think may be down to not having the 3 other cables as recommended on Fiatecuscan site, and not having the full version.... yet.

Back