Styling 165t - Window Tinting / Wind Deflectors

Currently reading:
Styling 165t - Window Tinting / Wind Deflectors

austenw90

'13 Punto MultiAir 105
Hello :)

Just wondered if anyone has bought wind deflectors for a the new shape Bravo or got any advice on where's good (and good value) to get some? Preferably tinted colour and not clear.

Also, how much have people payed for professional rear window and boot window tints? Any effect on insurance premium?

Just thinking of a few styling ideas. Any suggestions would be welcome :)

Thanks

Off topic on the second post already ;) but can you tell me what those horrendously ugly things do? (answer: they deflect the wind. Thanks for the info;) )

I bought official FIAT wind deflectors and the passenger side one snapped at the side closest to the side-view mirror after a month or two, so I ended up binning them. I don't know whether this was the passenger accidently smacking it, vandalism from passers-by, or poor quality plastic.

I think for the back portion of your windows to be tinted expect to pay between £100 and £200.

I bought official FIAT wind deflectors and the passenger side one snapped at the side closest to the side-view mirror after a month or two, so I ended up binning them. I don't know whether this was the passenger accidently smacking it, vandalism from passers-by, or poor quality plastic.

I think for the back portion of your windows to be tinted expect to pay between £100 and £200.

Thanks, might give them a miss then.

I got my windows done when i bought the car from Fiat, however be careful as they ended up slicing one of my heater bars in the back window so got fiat to replace it under warranty, no back window tint now.. :( Just the two sides.. i will be getting the back done again soon cause it just makes the car look so much better IMO.

I got my windows done when i bought the car from Fiat, however be careful as they ended up slicing one of my heater bars in the back window so got fiat to replace it under warranty, no back window tint now.. :( Just the two sides.. i will be getting the back done again soon cause it just makes the car look so much better IMO.

Never heard of an official dealership doing tint film jobs... (maybe they do that in the uk, what do I know?)
The real factory fitted tinted windows are actually made of tinted glass, not plastic film .

Last edited:

Shouldn't they replace it with exactly what you had? So tinted glass.

Yeah I also thought that the manufacturer fitted tints are tinted glass and not the crappy film stuff.

Smash n grabs, and also in the event of a crash it keeps the glass together.

Why would a thief decide to smash you rear windows instead of smashing the front non-tinted windows? :rolleyes:
If he's dumb enough to start with the rear, he'll then go to the front so you'll end up with two broken windows instead of one :)

You can think long and hard but there's still absolutely zero advantage in sticking plastic tint films over having real tinted glass.

here you can see clearly the difference between the real factory fitted tinted glass (my car) and the plastic film job.
bravo03.jpg
arrirebravo007ha5.jpg

If you have something on the back seats it prevents anyone from being able to see it and or entering via the back.

Also, that black bravo doesn't have a very dark tint whereas your glass is limo tint.

If you have something on the back seats it prevents anyone from being able to see it and or entering via the back.

We're not comparing tinted window with non tinted window, we're talking about tint film vs tinted glass.

Also, that black bravo doesn't have a very dark tint whereas your glass is limo tint.

You're wrong, that's a very dark tint on that black bravo, darker than that and it's not a window anymore.

I'm done discussing this, have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Exactly man, we ARE talking about tint film vs tinted glass hence why I said "entering via the back".

While tinted glass may look a bit better, tint film still has a big advantage over tinted glass unless you want to pay for clear security film...

If someone lobs a brick at your back windows it'll go straight through them, if they throw one at mine it'll just crack and hold together.

Last edited:
Lol. A good car thief won't make any noise like that! Did you see Top Gear with the BMW break in experiment? 3 seconds to open the door I believe. Na best thing for car thieves is not to leave valuables on show.

Back