Tuning BMC CDA or OTA for 1.3 Mjet 85hp

Currently reading:
Tuning BMC CDA or OTA for 1.3 Mjet 85hp

SuP0rT3

Hello!
I'm an owner of a Punto Evo 1.3 Mjet S&S 85hp with DPF and i would like get a little bit more power from my engine...
I was thinking on getting a BMC filter...still don't know which...maybe the CDA or the OTA...

I began by searching if someone already did this mod but i wasn't successful...

I would like to know about you opinion...and if someone have already done something like this in this engine? or even if you think that it would be easy to do this mod?

sorry for my English but i'm Portuguese ;)
cheers

Attachments

• fiat_punto_evo_mjet_85_4.jpg
    fiat_punto_evo_mjet_85_4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 96
If you’re wanting more performance out of the engine I think you’d be better looking at a TMC box (I think for the 1.3 M-jet they cost about £100) as a BMC induction kit is a very expensive way to get a tiny amount of power. With the filter you’d be better getting a performance panel filter as that will give roughly the same gains as the induction kit.

If you wanted more power, why did you buy a 1.3? The 1.6 would have suited you better for that. But as TJ said, a diesel tuning box would be a better upgrade than any filter can do, and if you are wanting a decent filter without the noise, a panel filter would suite you better.

but using a tuning box in a car with DPF would not result in several errors? or this kind of tuning box, in particular the TMC one, have been already used in cars with DPF?
Yes, I also thought about getting a panel filter instead...but i also like the noise that these kind of induction kits generate ;)

scoop987, I didn't buy the 1.6 because i hadn't the money to that :|

I think the TMC box is fairly widely used with the 1.3Mjet but if you contact Daron at TMC (either through their website or via the traders section on this forum) I’m sure he’ll answer any questions you may have.

Hope that helps ;)

Last edited:
Back