Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet - Acceleration problem

Currently reading:
Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet - Acceleration problem

gmurge

I have been facing a weird issue with my Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet Emotion Pk. Occasionally, when on a long drive on highways, I have noticed that the car looses all acceleration for a short period.

At this point, there is absolutely no response from accelerator or gear shift (downshift or otherwise). It is as if the vehicle gets stuck at that particular RPM and speed with only slight deceleration.Obviously, on braking the vehicle, it loses speed and there is no issue with braking. Also, Upon aggressive downshift (downshifting to achieve RPM above 3500-4000), I am able to regain normal acceleration.

There is no error in diagnostic software when checked at service centre. Further, it is very difficult to replicate the error in workshop due to unpredictability of this problem.

One more observation Car doesn’t give sudden response to acceleration while running in high speed (above 100kmph). It is happening in long drive.
After stopping car for few min it behaves normally for few km but then after few km same problem and after few KM normal behavior.
It is very inconsistence problem. Unidentified by sensor scanner at service center. After servicing of vehicle also same problem persist.

[FONT=&quot]Please help me to resolve the problem .[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the Forum (y)

You may get more replies to your problem by posting in the Linea section of the forum. :)

what sort of speed and rpm is the issue appearing at?

when was the car last serviced?
Thanks for reply .
1/ when car almost crosses 120 km/hr around 2000-3000 rpm problem reproduces
2/ When I faced problem first time then immediately did servicing and after servicing also problem persists.
3/ All sensors scanned with machine but no issue found.
i am very much tensed due to this problem .

If nothing is showing up on an ecu read then it is likely to be something mechanical not monitored, how old is the car and how many KM has it covered, it could be the tell tale signs of a failing turbo or weak high pressure fuel pump.

My ECU did not show any faults, but when they cleaned the EGR valve the problem became worse.
They could not find anything so the contacted Fiat.
The guy of Fiat immediatly said this was a known issue that the electronic part of the valve was creating the problem.
So the replaced the whole unit and the problem was gone.

thanks, but can you please tell me the name of part (unit) replaced ?, so that i can suggest service station to check and do needful.

If problem is known then rectification not yet happened..? since my car is new oct 2010 and i drove around 45000 km .

I got the same problem, you accelerate does not start only after reaching the 3200 revolution counter starts to walk properly. What song should be changed? Pls HELP! :bang:

I got the same problem, you accelerate does not start only after reaching the 3200 revolution counter starts to walk properly. What song should be changed? Pls HELP! :bang:

Hi, :)

can you please explain what distance the engine has covered,
any recent servicing,
and what happens to the drive when HOT or COLD,

Charlie

Hello, a month ago I was in service and i`ve changed turbine, EGR, alternator, distribution and consumables. The engine has been taken down from the car. When it's cold outside starts very difficult when it is starts and when the engine dies, accelerations of speed and jab in the engine dies. And when the temperature is higher am starting problems sometimes. Pls help.

Hello, a month ago I was in service and i`ve changed turbine, EGR, alternator, distribution and consumables. The engine has been taken down from the car. When it's cold outside starts very difficult when it is starts and when the engine dies, accelerations of speed and jab in the engine dies. And when the temperature is higher am starting problems sometimes. Pls help.

100,000 Km 's on vehicle..??:)

Back