DVD copying help

Currently reading:
DVD copying help

I have some dvds with loads of home videos on them, i would like to copy this dvd, to another blank dvd.

Any advice? i have a dvd burner. Nero + Alcohol 120%

I dont think my nero does dvd's, but alcohol does.

Are there any other bits of software i can use?

why can't they make one that only takes one click and copies the dvd exactly! :(

Last edited:
You want to download DVD-Shrink (www.dvdshrink.org) - it rips the DVD to your hard disk and you can then use Nero or Alcohol to burn it to a video DVD. If you've got Nero 6 then DVD-Shrink uses it as a plugin and can burn from within its own user interface. :)

I know how to do many things that are wrong that I wouldn't do. Always best to know things even if you don't use it. I did copy my Spooks DVD as the final chapter wouldn't play on my laptop for no reason, it did on the copy.

DVD-shrink with Nero however is the best bet since it does it in one step.

There is loads of software you can use, check mpegx.com or the alternate url mpegnews.com. They also have links to tutorials. DVD Genie is relatively easy to use, as is DVD Santa, but Nero is good enough for backups of unencrypted DVD's of the right size.

Just so you all know...its is also illegal to back up any dvd's regardless if you own them.

Clone DVD and AnyDVD work a treat for copying 'home movies' (y)

Back