Back Button

Currently reading:
Back Button

Just lately iv noticed something quite annoying.

so i click on a thread from members motors within the grande punto section:
forum1.JPG

but then, because the thread was within members motors directory, I cant click the site tree to go back to grande punto(shown in red below). And, if i read lots of different pages, open pictures, login/logout, it renders the back button useless.

forum2.JPG

anyone know what I mean? its not so much a problem seeing as I know the URL off the top of my head but jut one of those things

good points, didnt realy think to do so.

Like i said, its not a problem for me, i know the URL but you know.

Custard, when you login, post, look at pictures, read several pages, the back button is ****.

login? never log out :p
I dont really do that
If Im doing multiple stuff then i open stuff into new tabs
then i can cycle tabs as well as posts

i usually use tabs

but for newcomers, clicking in grande punto to end up in members motors would be confusing I reckon..

anyway, its there. cross directories. if its not a problem leave it, was just pointing out...........

but I can still click back from within MM to the original section

cant you not?

Problem is, the threads shown in the car section are just links to the other (MM for example).

So when you view a linked thread, there is no way of knowing you actually came from the car forum.

There is one possible work around for this (check if the referring page was a SHOWFORUM page - and if so, use that in the navbits) - I'll look into it, but not promising anything, because on the flip side - sometimes we want people to see it as the new forum (for example, a 500 USA thread clicked from the 500 forum allows people to see there is a seperate forum for that)

Problem is, the threads shown in the car section are just links to the other (MM for example).

So when you view a linked thread, there is no way of knowing you actually came from the car forum.

Didnt it use to be like that?

I've not done it for a while.. But when i used to click on Punto Members Motors in the Punto section it used to show only Punto's.

But im guessing that this is just a "Show" Filter and when clicking on a specific vehicle it would link back to the generic MM instead of vehicle MM

but I can still click back from within MM to the original section

cant you not?

YES

but as i said before, if you login, write a post, delete a post, edit a post, open a picture, suck ya own D***, the back button becomes ****e!

@ben, you know what I mean so therefore no further discussion required lol.

I'm not personally hoping for a fix but just thought id mention it.

Sam

Last edited:
Could the tag not just be made a clickable link to the relevant forum section?

The tags don't form part of the actual thread link at the moment, so it would be quite a simple hack wouldn't it?

Back