General throttle housing

Currently reading:
General throttle housing

hi all got hold of a second hand housing to day but some body has broke the plastic housing from around the plug . can you change them from my old one its a 1.6 petrol

the crucial part (double foil potentiometer) is inside this black plastic part - the rest is just a dc motor + gear reduction connected to the butterfly.
When you change it with your old throttle body it has to be in good order otherwise you will transplant the old fault in your new throttle body....

Can this potentiometer be re-vitalised by applying "new" graphite layer to it (as on regular potentiometers)....?????

no, i don't think so... it's a thin layer on a flex foil, i would not try it unless you can source this part seperate but i don't think you will find it.

fixed at last

well as you all must know by now have had big probs with throttle and jerky driving dune all the relerns .changed plugs and god knows what els so the other day i saw alow miles 1.6 stilo braking not far from me. so i went and got the throttle housing from it £25 cleaned it up put it on went through relern again and "BINGO" lovly and smooth and grate on fuel so thanks every bodyfor you help but if there is any body who can tell me how i get the front grill out i would be grate full (y)

Back