bravo113.jpg

Bravo (Classic) Bravo 115 HLX 'Abarth'.

Introduction

Hey everyone. So this is my 4th Bravo (previously had 2 HGT's and a 1.2sx) but I intend on keeping this one!

Here are some pictures of it in different stages (they are all from the previous owners facebook page :p). I will take and upload some new ones when it is clean/sunny :)

angle.jpg

bravo113.jpg

front65.jpg

multispokes.jpg

side39.jpg

Current mods:
Marea polly's with 6k 35W HID's and white SMD LED sidelights
Bonnet lifters
Abarth side skirts
Abarth rear spats
Abarth badge sewn into headrests
HGT leather steering wheel
Marea centre console
Cat-back exhaust (brand unknown)
Rear lowered 30mm
Black front badge
Brava rear handles (no key lock)
Mist washer nozzles

ICE:
HU: Sony MEX3800U
Amp:theloudest.com 3000W monoblock amp
Sub: theloudest.com 3000W 12"
Wiring: Currently unknown 8AWG
Speakers: Some sort of Fusion ones (not too sure about these)

Future mods:
Abarth front bumper (in possession just need to fit)
New alloys (Stilo Claws??)
Coilovers
New exhaust
De-cat
Custom boot install
The big three
Uprated alt.
Uprated battery/extra batteries
HGT leathers/Alfa interior
Tinted back 3 windows
FF stickers :slayer:

As I said the pictures aren't mine originally but it shows roughly how it is. Any comments/suggestions welcome :)
Re: Bravo 115 HLX 'Abarth'

Not really keen on sticker bombing...not my taste. Want to keep mine looking simple but effective :)

Updates will probably be few and far between for a while as funds are tight :( might tidy a few things up though.

how do you find the 115 after having HGT's in the past. I started with a mint 147bhp P reg HGt that I bought cheap, the noise of that 5 pot is what got me into coupes N/A and later turbo's. I used the HGT on and off as it became my girlfriends car, other than mpg it was faultless stylish, apart from an interior which looked like it came out a 1.2. It was so civilised and effortless in a diesel type way but with such an engine noise and yet still fast enough when pushed... :)

Ps your car looks :cool:

The difference is night and day. The 1.8 has a bit of poke but nothing compared to the HGT. I had 2 147's and my second one was my favourite car I've owned. As you say the 5 pot noise through a custom exhaust is such a good sound, I used to get compliments about it all the time.

I'm not really a fan of the coupe's, more down to the shape than anything. My dad had a 20VT and that didn't half shift! I'm not far away from graduation (2 months :D ) so when I get a full time job i'm going to look into getting a car on finance or something, was thinking something like the new 1.2 TDi polo, purely for economical reasons (and I think they look pretty good) and keep the Bravo as a weekend toy and slowly modify it.

The engine is so limited for modifications it's untrue. I read about getting about 150bhp out of it but with major engine work, may as well buy a HGT lol.

yeah must admit the coupe styling is love it or hate it but ive not found too many who dislike them, never had a car that i get so many comments and looks, must admit love the bravo's. My mate now has my old HGT and keeps it as a second car, if it wasnt for my alfa 156 jtd id buy it back.

The Coupe is definately a marmite car but i think they look class! Real nice interior design too! A lad at work had a turbo, loved the sound of the engine.

as stock the N/A of the coupe or Bravo Hgt sounds better as the turbo mutes the sound and where as the N/A 20v engine can be put in a high gear press the accelerater and the engine thrumbs away like a more tuneful subaru boxer engine, the 20vt picks up revs so fast once the turbo spools that in blends in more, however with a full exhaust system the turbo wins on sound :)

as stock the N/A of the coupe or Bravo Hgt sounds better as the turbo mutes the sound and where as the N/A 20v engine can be put in a high gear press the accelerater and the engine thrumbs away like a more tuneful subaru boxer engine, the 20vt picks up revs so fast once the turbo spools that in blends in more, however with a full exhaust system the turbo wins on sound :)

like a 'jet' taking off

i think coop wheels suit the bravo right down to the ground, but each to thier own, its a cheap upgrade and they look great in anthracite

Yeah they look good in anthracite I'll admit that. But they have been done on the bravo too much, I want something different and so far I don't think anyone has put the 17" multispokes on off a B2 bravo sport...

Anyways, got lots of spare time this week as my dissertation is finished and I have no other deadlines, SO I'm going to sort a few niggles out with my car like:

Rattling drivers side door panel
Rattling in boot
Clean the engine bay
Fit the abarth front bumper
New HID's (one ballast is dodgy, goes out every now and again)
White Xenon fog's
Possible angel eyes? (custom)
Tidy boot/fabricate false floor (if I have the time).

So keep your eyes peeled for updates :)

Back