Technical Abarth xenon washer

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth xenon washer

storm0105

Hi,

I bought a genuine xenon light from europe and trying to install it.

However I realized xenon washer jet is not connected to anywhere.

So here is my question ;

1. Do I have to make a extra holes on washer tank?

2. I need to buy a rubber or silicon tube that I need to connect to xenon washers, What size is it? 3mm or 4 mm?

3. Or Can I buy genuine washer hose from anywhere???

Unfortunately Fiat australia doen't seem to have any xenon parts for Fiat 500

4. If anyone have done it before could you please give me some advice??

Thank you!

This will not answer your original question but you should be advised that fitting xenons from Europe could be an issue. Apparently Xenon lights are different for LHD and RHD markets (something to do with beam direction of the different sides. As such fitting those from a LDH source may not be exactly legal here. A mate with a Mito was going to do the same but pulled out due to this fact.

You could get away with it BUT do you really want to be one of those tossers that drive around with obviously aftermarket headlights that just blind on-coming traffic

I had a look on my ePer catalogue and could not find the part

BTW – what part of God's country are you located ?

This will not answer your original question but you should be advised that fitting xenons from Europe could be an issue. Apparently Xenon lights are different for LHD and RHD markets (something to do with beam direction of the different sides. As such fitting those from a LDH source may not be exactly legal here. A mate with a Mito was going to do the same but pulled out due to this fact.

You could get away with it BUT do you really want to be one of those tossers that drive around with obviously aftermarket headlights that just blind on-coming traffic

I had a look on my ePer catalogue and could not find the part

BTW – what part of God's country are you located ?

A good point, although I've been informed that most OEM HID units have something inside them that can be flicked to switch from LHD to RHD pattern and visa versa.

Thanks for your replys,
@Grimwau yes I am changing my halogen light to OEM xenon
@Joseph I belive mine is UK spec with no issue, however install isnt quite easy, also I will do a light pattern adjustment too. Im in sydney strathfield by the way, nice to meet you

Thanks for your replys,
@Grimwau yes I am changing my halogen light to OEM xenon

In that case there is a separate washer bottle for the HID washers.This is located on the opposite side of the engine bay to the windscreen washer bottle. Obviously there is also a separate motor for the washers and that operates when you use your ordinary washers whilst the lights are on.

One more question, is it a legal requirement in Australia to have auto headlight adjustment fitted to prevent dazzling under differing load conditions?

You can see it in the pic below, (Blue Top).

Thank you very much,

I think this is what I really want to know,

I better not to connect head light washer,

I dont like it anyway.. (I used to have golf gti with xenon washer, always

make my car dirty)

Back