Technical Jerking and loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical Jerking and loss of power

machielr

Hi All

I drive a 2000 Fiat palio 1.2 ed.

For the most I am happy with the car and it doesn't give too much issues except for the normal wear and tear.

For the last week or so however, I have been experiencing times where the car (while driving) would give a big jerk and loose power for a second or two, then it will recover again.

This happens eveyr now and then but is very intermittend and different speeds, conditions, etc...

I have tried a couple of basic checks but nothing thus far could give me an idea on what might be wrong.

I have also used some injector cleaner after a suggestion by someone on another forum, however , still no luck as it still does the same.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Someone also suggested we log onto the computer box and try and view what was logged as it might give me an indication on what the problem is, however we do not have the required software. Does anyone know where we can get the software from.

I am located in South Africa so local would be appreciated or even a web site where it can be downloaded from.

all help would be greatly appreciated as this problem is worying me somewhat .

Regards
Machiel

What does one of these lmbda sensors cost and where can I find it ?

sorry but I am sure what it is as I am not that technical...

They are rather expensive, so be sure what you do, talk to a technician before you order one of these sensors.
It sits on top of the catalyst, and is difficult to remove, best is to get under the car, and unbolt the exhaust, and lower it some inches.
You can get them from a Fiat dealership, they sell NGK in a Fiat box, part number ( for the 1,6, I don't know if they are all the same, but I guess so): 46523129
Or you can get a Bosch one ( which I prefer) part nr: 0258005096, about 1/3 less expensive than original Fiat.

i had similar problem. Check if you can see a red light coming on when that happens. It looks like a spark plug(the red light). If that happens it could be one of yuor injector plugs that dont make good conection. Or next to your distributor are two smaal lugs i think it is the coil plugs. The conection there could also be not good. I opened that smaal plug and just closed the gaps to fit tight into tke plugs and i cleaned it with electric spray and my problems where over. Check that red light or start car and open bonnet and move that plugs a little and listen for any changes in the engine. Hope it helps

Back