Fuze Problem

Currently reading:
Fuze Problem

Jeff Parsons

I have a Fiat Doblo 1.9 and it has started to blow its 10 amp fuse whenever the ignition key is inserted, or even pressing the key to lock the vehicle.

Fiat dealers, Platts of Longton, at first said it was the Caravan towing unit because they could not find a fault and reccomended I have an Interface fitted. This has been done but we are still blowing fuses.

Had the reversing sensors deactivated, this has not helped. I need to change the fuse each time we use the car. When the fuse blows the clock etc reverts to zero. Anyone have any ideas???

It is only 18 months old. Had a problem with the sensors during the first few months. okay for about 8/9 months then reversing sensors played up for a week or two, okay for a few months now back to square one only now we are having a problem everytime we use the car.

Desperate!!

Last edited:
afraid with this type of problem you will most likely have to disconnect as much as you can and then reconnect stuff till it trips the switch. then narrow it down from what trips the switch.
though on an 18month old car i would be pushing the dealer to find the fault,you fitted the interface as they stated and have sensors deactivated.think you need to start kicking up a fuss at the dealership.

Hmmm. I presume this 10-amp fuse is involved with accessories (you mention pressing the key (remote lock/unlock?) and the clock. But okay otherwise? I would be suspicious of a relay involved with that fuse that has a normally-open contact shorted to ground (er, earth). But a dealership would have immediately picked-up on that. A real puzzler. Good luck!

Fuse (Fuze) problem turned out to be a bad connection in the rear loom, left hand indicator at the rear, looking from the rear to the front. Caused last year when the towing gear was wired in to tow our caravan.

Thanks for the tips. :) bye for now Jeff

Back