Technical Stilo in limp mode, what should I look out for?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo in limp mode, what should I look out for?

james2609

That escalated quickly...
Hi all,
My Stilo has been timed up and is now running, but in limp mode.

It’s running poorly and the errors coming up are loose wiring alternator and all 4 injectors (according to the mechanic).

It’s been recommended by FF members to take the battery off and charge overnight as poor charge battery can give a multitude of ghost codes, put a little WD40 under the block and reset the ECU. I’ve told my mechanic to do this, and also check the crank sensor to make sure it’s working and not bent in any way.

Is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks (y)

Having extreme cold weather and a dud battery might make those problems arise. Have your battery tested first and it would be good if you give the details of your current battery. For the Stilo, the bigger the better, I could only go for a expensive Austrian Banner battery Uni Bull 50 300 rated at 69Ah, as my car is under a warranty I cannot put a bigger one in but even better is recommended.
My previous battery was tested good but Ah was only 58 so it needed more in this weather and my Stilo was giving endless problems and eventually refused to start.

Take it one step at a time, but surely your mechanic should not be asking you what needs to be done! ;)

Back