Tuning Coilovers and Prop Shaft Issues

Currently reading:
Tuning Coilovers and Prop Shaft Issues

Just a thought, as a guide really i was wondering if the people running coilovers could answer these questions to see what the cause of prop shafts popping out is and how to run coilovers without it happening.

1. What coilovers do you have fitted?
2. Are they wound all the way down?
3. Have you removed the helper springs?
4. What model do you have (t-jet/etc)?
5. Have you had issues with prop shafts?

I have a feeling if you leave the helper springs in they seem to be fine :rolleyes:

my car goes lower than any other on here, and the driveshafts dont pop out, seals are fine and have been for nearly a year.

well mine sits like this :p

197665_10150410787990526_741240525_17359921_6274425_n.jpg

dont think there would be that much difference gearbox size/driveshaft length with the turbo ones.

The turbo models like tjet and mjet sit way different to the pissy 1.2 models etc.

A friends tjet is pretty low on the front on KW coilies and its never had any problems with driveshafts or anything.

The only ones I have seen have problems seems to be the people running cheap suspension.

The turbo models like tjet and mjet sit way different to the pissy 1.2 models etc.

A friends tjet is pretty low on the front on KW coilies and its never had any problems with driveshafts or anything.

The only ones I have seen have problems seems to be the people running cheap suspension.

cool story

ive got fk coilovers and there down all the way with helpers out and not had any problems. i heard i duno how true but if you wind them down all the way straight away its a high possiblity it could do damage but if you sort of wind then down slowly it gives your car sort of time to get used to it?? <-- i duno how true it is or isnt!

Just a thought, as a guide really i was wondering if the people running coilovers could answer these questions to see what the cause of prop shafts popping out is and how to run coilovers without it happening.

1. What coilovers do you have fitted?
2. Are they wound all the way down?
3. Have you removed the helper springs?
4. What model do you have (t-jet/etc)?
5. Have you had issues with prop shafts?

I have a feeling if you leave the helper springs in they seem to be fine :rolleyes:

If anyone has issues with propshaft... Your problem is you've got the worlds first rear wheel drive grande Punto lol

Back