General Just bought a 600D Abarth 1000 need engine

Currently reading:
General Just bought a 600D Abarth 1000 need engine

Bam2002

I just picked up a 1965 Abarth 600, The car is in Kit form. a great shell, A florida car with almost Zero rust. The only rust is in the nose spare tire area.. thats it.

I also have alot of parts. 4 heads a crank, 2 sets of pistons, one high compression.

The problem its missing the block.. Cylinder walls. Since I am unsure what else is missing I would like to get a shortblock.
Where can I find big parts like a engine block?

Thanks..
B

Nice!

This is a good place to try! i know its in england but i know they import stuff from all over the place and ship too! www.middlebartongarage.com
Last thing i got from there was my exhaust and currently waiting hopefully to be contacted about some 1000cc pistons!

Anthony

Thanks I will send them an Email

The vehicle I have came with a set of stock and high compression pistons.
IF you are unable to locate some I can send you photos and dimensions to have a set made. I would imagine the high compression ones are rare. Plus they are so small having a set machined would be affordable.

If you could do that for me that would be brilliant! they are stupidly hard to find and i've been considering getting some made up for a while now!

Anthony
I am still sorting through over a dozen boxes of parts.
Ill post some photos of the pistons in the next few days. I have a friend that rebuilds VW and classic Porsche engines, He will be able to properly measure the dimensions of the pistons.

I have found a few engines but they are all outside the USA. So shipping is costly.

Yes, PLEASE post some pics of your 600 ! I've been working on "restoring" mine for over a year now and would love to see what other 600 owners are up to.

Thanks !

TC

Back