General Does anyone know of an after market radio facia?

Currently reading:
General Does anyone know of an after market radio facia?

Maggie

Just changed the radio for a full featured motorised screen DVD player with built in satnav.

Have to say it was an absolute pig to do as there is no room behind the unit for all the additional leads and reversing camera inputs etc. As such had to remove the ventillation control dash and gear change surround to route the cables behind etc. Also when the screen comes out there is not enough room for it to get fully upright as the radio is recessed inside the facia /binical. Accordingly, I had to remove the radio facia/binical and cut about half an inch from the curved top surface and then use some P38 to fill the gap in the plastic and paint it matt black to finish it off - have to say you would not notice it has been done.

Does anyone know of an after market one that does not have the curved front as a work colleague quite fancies doing the same on theirs, but does not want to modify it as they may be selling it in a few months?

Last edited:
There was a thread on here some time back where someone bought a double DIN binnacle (from abroad somewhere).
The standard binnacle is a real pain even for fitting a standard radio, there is barely enought room to work.

There was a thread on here some time back where someone bought a double DIN binnacle (from abroad somewhere).
The standard binnacle is a real pain even for fitting a standard radio, there is barely enought room to work.

I will pop in to the dealer later in the week and see if they can source one, as I have found a picture of a facelift Doblo with a factory fitted SatNav mounted in the binnacle which is double din sized.

Attachments

• DOB2.jpg
    DOB2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I went into the dealer and saw the above diagram on his screen. You need to buy items 5 & 6 £109 and he said he couldn't guarantee it would fit the dash in my 2008 Doblo because there are variants. Has anyone gone down this route?

The following item (half the price) is said to fit a 2008 by one seller: I can't post links but if you Google 'CT23FT15 Fiat Doblo Double Din Fitting Kit' it will come up.

I believe items 5 & 6 are used with the connect nav option on the Doblo, based on what I've read when researching this myself you'll still be left with a gap around the unit as the connect nav front panel overlaps the mounting frame to blend in. It may be possible to obtain a fascia adapter for one of the other Fiats with connect nav and modify it; assuming a double din fascia adapter is available for, say, the Stilo.

The mounting frame is the cage for the connect nav so you'd then need to mount the cage for the aftermarket HU within this, space permitting.

General feedback seems to be that there's not much space even with these alternate units so the depth of the aftermarket HU could be an issue.

The 2nd item you mention (with reference to the google searching) is for the newer Doblo so I don't think that will work, as the dash seems very different.

Yes, I think both your posts are correct. The dealer said this was built for the fiat satnav. Essentially we are stuck with a single-din radio and can't even have a slide out satnav because of the lip on the moulding.

Strange this should come up. I was hoping to find a double-din binacle myself, because I want to mount the boost adjuster and boost dial up at face level, but in the end the only thing I could find was for the Combi type which is nothing like ours.

In the end I've decided I'm just going to hack a hole in the space above the glovebox and fit the MP3 player there, and make up a panel to in-fill the radio hole in the binnacle and put the boost knob, boost dial and a voltmeter in it.

How hard was it to fill the gap in? I really want to to cut it but scared it will look stupid. I also have a flip out screen but atm just putting up with the unit hanging out abit

I just lopped mine off and didn't even bother filling it in, the Doblo's dashboard looked stupid to begin with in my opinion. Lol.

For example, the hazard light switch sandwiched between the electric window switches? Who the heck designed these things..?

Any chance u could post a pic for me to see just what it looks like. I no what u mean about the design. Thats the french for you ha. Cheers

Would love to see that too.

My single one took 40 minutes to get the cables inside and flush and then I realised I got the accessory line connected wrong meaning it loses it's marbles every time you kill the ignition. I don't have the patience to get it out, fix it and stick it back in again. All it does is play mp3s off a USB stick so not end of world but not displaying the promotional crap every time you turn it on would be nice.

Back