fiatforum expansion plan

Currently reading:
fiatforum expansion plan

Percyhahn

What could my title be?
now, in some ways fiatforum is a business, it wouldn't survive without its members using it, and without members donating here and there. Like every business, the more customers it has, the better it does.
Im not suggesting this to turn ff into a profit business or anything, just to get even more members.
what FF could do is send 'reps/volunteers' to their local fiat dealers around the country and see if they would accept putting fiatforum flyers in every car so its new owner knows about this forum, and maybe tempted to come and browse.
what do people reckon?

yeah that's true, may be worth a try though, We could even have the fiatforum flyers, and they all have the dealers names on them wherever the flyers are. we advertise them, and you never know in the future, they could advertise us a little bit.
I dont know why, I woke up this morning thinking of it, I must even dream about fiats!, God i must have a problem haha.

I like the idea. I might see our local dealer.

Only issue is that in the Garage section of the forum we have a list of bad dealers. and i think the one in Wakefield is quite well mentioned :rolleyes:

But it could work both ways, they see whats going wrong through our forum, notice there getting a bad rep and work harder. If they get advertisment from it too..

I dont think alot of dealers would like it as it would be steering customers away from using the Official Fiat forum (which is crap and hard to use)(http://www.fiat.co.uk/community/?id=3188). However, guerilla advertising could be used in this case and placing flyers in the glove box or under the wipers of all the cars on the forecourt and running away would get FF some decent new user flow?

Cheers
Tom

I like the idea. I might see our local dealer.

Only issue is that in the Garage section of the forum we have a list of bad dealers. and i think the one in Wakefield is quite well mentioned :rolleyes:

But it could work both ways, they see whats going wrong through our forum, notice there getting a bad rep and work harder. If they get advertisment from it too..
if your going to go to your local dealer, then I might approach mine, if the forum leaders agree. before approaching, we should perhaps make some prototype flyers?
I think your right about the dealers, its their way of getting good honest feed back, and customers view of their garage/service. it could even work for the better, as if they are viewing the forum for feedback on them, if they get negative press, they might even 'compensate' the concerened person leaving the feedback.

I dont think alot of dealers would like it as it would be steering customers away from using the Official Fiat forum (which is crap and hard to use)(http://www.fiat.co.uk/community/?id=3188). However, guerilla advertising could be used in this case and placing flyers in the glove box or under the wipers of all the cars on the forecourt and running away would get FF some decent new user flow?

Cheers
Tom
haha, I can imagine the local news 'local fiat dealers are keeping an eye out for a group of people who are leaving flyers in their cars'

maybe a better way forward. would be for a good few boys on the forums to have flyers in their gloveboxes ready for when they see some fiat cars, when your cruising along then, BAaaaaaam wiper a flyer, job done :D

Call me silly, but most people who own whatever type of car aren't really all that interested in posting on a forum. Even the average person who buys a 500 and comes to the forum only hangs around to get the information they want and then generally sods off.

I think a better idea would be to target people who obviously like the Fiat's and have something a bit out of the ordinary or who have modified their car.

Call me silly, but most people who own whatever type of car aren't really all that interested in posting on a forum. Even the average person who buys a 500 and comes to the forum only hangs around to get the information they want and then generally sods off.

I think a better idea would be to target people who obviously like the Fiat's and have something a bit out of the ordinary or who have modified their car.

Agreed, hence why the official FF stand at the big events will always be the best method to source new members, people who will stick around and contribute because they are enthusiasts.

As I have mentioned previously, despite a summer of leaving flyers under car wipers I have never seen anyone come on here and say it was because of that they became aware of the forum and conseqently joined.

Sounds like a good plan, but whats wrong with our current flyers?
I wasn't aware we had FF flyers :eek:.
I agree 306maxi that most people aren't interested in cars, forums etc, (that's probably why they bought a fiat ;) haha). however, there may be some, when I bought my grande early 2009, I didn't really know about this forum, I only found it one day by mistake, and that lead to me being a (usually) frequent poster.
I do see your point though, and alot more will ignore it, than come check out this site.
If fiat were to back it, so this became an official fiat recognised forum, and the flyers advertised this forum for a social, and solving fiat problems on behalf of fiat, i think it could work well.

I noticed this earlier on and was somewhat shocked....

members.png

More than 400 people without accounts viewing the forums and only 37 people logged in.

Its almost as if people are not bothering to make accounts.. and they just use us for the information they need and bugger off...(n)
Something needs to be done.

Tom

More than 400 people without accounts viewing the forums and only 37 people logged in.
Well, some of them are search bots and spiders.

Also, I know I regularly search for information via Google and may find my answer on other forums, for instance for PC issues. I read what I need and sorted. I never tend to register on those forums, why should I ...

I noticed this earlier on and was somewhat shocked....

View attachment 97247

Its almost as if people are not bothering to make accounts.. and they just use us for the information they need and bugger off...(n)
Something needs to be done.

Tom

a lot of members say they view as guests and only log in when they have some thing useful to add

[URL="https://www.fiatforum.com/members/ysidfa" said:
ysidfa[/URL]]Its almost as if people are not bothering to make accounts.. and they just use us for the information they need and bugger off...(n)

People do just pass through the forum. its natural on all forums with technical and helpful info.

Type a quick search into google relating to a common Mk2 Punto fault say "Fiat Punto Coil Pack Failure" and the first hit is Fiat Forum, out of around 43,500 results, around 1,150 are from FF. you would just find the info you needed an leave.

However, if you cant diagonose the fault, you would ask a question on the forum.

I can see plenty of posters on the Punto and 500 section with only 2 posts next to their username. i wouldnt class these posters as helpful or even members, just people who needed help and forgot.

I used to have a Punto, and did the exact same search above. brought me to FF, i posted, and im still here after a year. and for 6months of it i havent even owned a fiat... after selling the Punto in May and buying the 126 last month...

Now is the expansion about getting more members, or getting more useful posting members, or just long term retention of members. I just dont see the need to create a new account to make one 1 post, regardless.

a lot of members say they view as guests and only log in when they have some thing useful to add

Exactly what i do. I see no point in logging into the forum if i dont need to post. i can access all the forums i view as a "guest" & i recieve emails if i have a notification

Last edited:
Back