General TwinAir boot badge

Currently reading:
General TwinAir boot badge

Quick query. Does anyone know if the 'TwinAir' chrome boot badge is available to buy? Tried a quick Google search but couldn't find one :(

You could always bribe the dealer to take it off their tester = ) Not like anyone buying the test car would notice.

Talking about dealer advertising my cars rear numberplate came with a plastic holder drilled in the back with dealer insignia and you just slide the numberplate in! So that means to remove that horrible thing i will have to drill holes in the numberplate! Or i should remove the front one and put it in the back thus going with no front plate usa style! I think it looks much better like this.

Talking about dealer advertising my cars rear numberplate came with a plastic holder drilled in the back with dealer insignia and you just slide the numberplate in! So that means to remove that horrible thing i will have to drill holes in the numberplate! Or i should remove the front one and put it in the back thus going with no front plate usa style! I think it looks much better like this.

IMO the best way to attach numberplates (in the UK at least) is to use self-adhesive pads. No need to drill anything :).

Thanks but it's the chrome badge which reads 'TwinAir' that I'm looking for, not the standard boot badge. I guess I'd best try the dealer.

I like the Twin Air badge on the back of the 500. I'll only seen it on press photos of the 'new' Twin Air models with the 'black alloys'. I take it that it does not appear on the 'standard' Twin Air models. Hopefully you will have no trouble getting a hold of one.(y)

:Offtopic:
A question for you loulou - when you 'moved' from the 1.4 to the current TA what were the main differences you found in the driving experience ?

I will be getting an extra badge to paint matt black to match the rest of our black n red theme(y)

Thanks for cultivating the idea(y)

I like the Twin Air badge on the back of the 500. I'll only seen it on press photos of the 'new' Twin Air models with the 'black alloys'. I take it that it does not appear on the 'standard' Twin Air models. Hopefully you will have no trouble getting a hold of one.(y)

:Offtopic:
A question for you loulou - when you 'moved' from the 1.4 to the current TA what were the main differences you found in the driving experience ?

I spotted the badge on a white 500 whilst in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago. It looked good so got me thinking about getting one. I don't know why the 'earlier' Twin Air wasn't badged? I'll give the dealer a ring this morning and report back with the price.

Excuse my lack of correct 'techy' terms but the main difference was that the TA was slower at accelerating - the 1.4 seemed much more responsive. It took a while to get used to driving it - you need to change up a gear much earlier than with the 1.4 - and I kept reaching for 6th gear on the motorway, but I'm really enjoying driving it now and wouldn't change back to a 1.4. Probably sounds a bit 'odd' but my other car is a Morris Minor and driving the TA is, to me, the nearest modern equivalent. Not the fastest thing on the road but loads of character, curvey, cheap to run, fun to drive, no road tax and a 'burbling' engine noise :) (Here's a pic alongside my old 1.4)

Attachments

• 500 008.jpg
    500 008.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 52
Update: Just phoned my local Fiat dealer only to be told that the parts dept doesn't take calls and I'd have to go there to find out whether they have a particular part in stock (n)

The good news is that after further internet searching I've found an on-line supplier, partsworld-uk. The badge is £9.99 plus £2.95 postage (y)

http://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/2881-genuine-fiat-chrome-effect-twin-air-badge.aspx

Edit: Just noticed in the 'traders' forum here that partsworld are offering a 10% discount for forum members. Too late for me but might be useful to others: https://www.fiatforum.com/partsworld/250374-10-discount-code-www-partsworld-uk-com.html

Last edited:
i bought a brand new one from a dealer, but decided not to put it on my twin air. if anyone wants it let me know and you can take it off my hands, £10 posted

Back