Technical Rear Double doors wont open??!!

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Double doors wont open??!!

Kurgan

Hi.
I cannot gain access to the rear of my van anymore. Its an 06 1.3 Doblo doublr rear door van without the side door. Its been a little tempermental for ages and this weekend it has decided its not going to open no matter what I do.. Its central locking and sounds like its opening and making a clunking noise when the key button is pressed but thats all its doing.. Really need to be in the back of it for work.. It wont open with the key either, There is resistance on the key when unlocking it manually but thats all. Is there a way of getting into my van without using a crow bar so I can fix whatever is wrong. Obviuosly I would not want that posting on here for security reasons but would be happy to recieve a Pm on how to? Can I remove the bulkhead from the front seating area or does this have to be done from the back of the van.. Desperate for access.. Any help with this will be much appreciated.. Auto Locksmiths? Will they be able to get in as a last (exspensive) resort.. Does anyone know of a good one in the YO7 area. Thanks for your time and I wait with antcipation..

I think that someone on here with a cargo (not me) needs to post about how to get through the bulkhead. When my rear doors packed up on my old Doblo (or if they were frozen) using the handle on the inside always worked.

Of course, I don't know whether there is a handle on the inside of a cargo...

Both our vans with side doors had interior handles on back door.
Both of them gave trouble with the locking mechanism, bits broken\came loose or seized up, there are some pathetic parts in there for a van, both have had latches break as well.
There is\was a rod with serrations that tried to grip a spring clip if you pulled to hard it popped out,
Rely great if full of boxes that wont fit through side doors, the Berlingo we had suffered to, no side door but at least a window in the bulkhead to crawl through.

My 2004 van has no side doors and does have a handle on the inside of the rear door.

I don't have a bulkhead though, which means it's cold in the winter even with the heater on but at least when the back door broke I could climb through, remove the trim and open the doors up. It was an allen head bolt which had fallen out of the back of the handle when my doors stopped working. I check periodically that it's still tight now...

Hope you get in to the back somehow!

i had this two weeks ago, there is something connected electronically with the ignition. i turned it on and off a few times and the rear doors unlocked. however, this did not resolve the issue as when i took out the door handle and renewed it completely it still did it, so each time i tested it i had someone jump in the back so i wasnt locked out. eventually i took off the bottom lock and this has an electric wire on it although the locking on this van is manual locking, no remote etc. i renewed this lock complete with wire, and everything works well. took some sorting, 4 hrs total. but saved on dealer having to charge to fix it, total cost £70 for the bits.

Back