Technical HELP - My Paintwork

Currently reading:
Technical HELP - My Paintwork

phatboy130

Calling all paintwork guru's - my otherwise immaculate 92 Uno which is a metallic jobbie has a few small patches on the roof & bonnet which appear to be "blooming" underneath - ie in certain light conditions / viewing angles, although the surface of the paintwork (lacquer) is undamaged, the metallic coloured layer underneath has white patches / crazes. Since new, the car has always been regulary washed with shampoo and wax polished, so it's not been neglected. Any ideas guys on whats causing it, how to repair it easily/ prevent it getting any worse. Also, the roof, where affected seems prone to surface dulling, despite regular waxing, again any suggestions?? :confused:

Hi Phatboy130,

Is your paint still original? did you bring it to an auto detailer? It's really hard to assess the paint condition until we see it. I can only guess the patches are signs of clearcoat failing. Unfortunately if it's underneath the clearcoat there's no other recourse but have it painted. My advise is to take it to your local auto detailer and have them check the paint. :)

Back