General Where's the Trekking?

Currently reading:
General Where's the Trekking?

raton_laveur

Established member
The Trekking hasn't been on the Fiat UK website for the past two weeks or so. Has it been dropped in the UK or altogether?:confused:

I noticed that.
They like to show Old Style Pandas and such.
When will they get their act together and run an up to date Fiat UK website?

The showroom i went in had a nice new un-registered Trekking sitting there,
in Silver, Red Interior..
Sadly i need an Auto so no use to me.

Car buying in the UK can be so difficult, so hard to get a Fiat Dealer to sell you a new car. lol
I went through it all a year ago with Fiat & decided to suffer the pain again this year,
it is so hard with Fiat UK to buy anything as you want it..

This year, went online, checked out prices, Broadspeed.com etc.
Fiat sites, ordered brochures and price list, decided what i wanted and stepped into the showroom.
'Total waste of time on my part.'

At the moment even the Qubo Dualogic's on the configurator can not be ordered at a UK Fiat dealership.
They show on the Dealers computer, but no order can be placed.

*The Salesperson offered to get up from another dealer a 3000 mile 2011 model for £10,500, i already have a used Qubo, didnt want to buy another.*

Take it that they are getting ready for Accepting orders for the New Panda soon
& more vehicles with Twinair engines.

I wanted a 'New' 2012 plate Dualogic for delivery in March 2012 & could not place an order.

Went to Peugeot Dealership instead for a Bipper Tepee Outdoor 2 tronic which comes in at £14,495 with metallic.
3 colours that did show could not be ordered, that included silver that was deleted.??
Went for Graphite.
I get the Black Plastic Bumpers i want, (dont want colour coded, or alloy wheels)
dont get the option of rear tints, but a much better Spec vehicle as standard , fogs, roof rails and stuff, so more fitted than on a Qubo Active Dualogic at less money.
With discount came out at £550 less. Paid a deposit, got an order form, no conformation yet..
18 week build time, 2 weeks for xmas/new year, so mid April,
its all a Joke who ever you order with.

There have actually been no new Bipper Tepee brochures since they had the 1.4 Hdi engine fitted.
No pictures show on any site of Outdoors since they got less plastic body protection.
The Spec now says 1.3 Hdi Stop Start, Chrome Mirrors & Grill. (dont want chrome, but that can be painted)

Cant find a picture or article anyplace talking of any revised Bippers, just need to wait and see.

Next rant. lol not.
From Nov 2012 'new' vehicles in the UK must be fitted with Tyre monitors,
there is the new stricter MOT's starting in the UK on Jan 2012.
Where MIL's need checked. (Malfunction Indicator lights),
Air Bags, Tyre monitors, ABS, ESP, ABD etc and on and on..
all safe stuff, so no probs yet..
I worry more about the future when it comes to Euro 6 engines being fitted.

Problems now with DPF regeneration will pale into insignificance.

The Quicker the UK get away from jumping to EU Green emission rubbish that is going to cost all UK motorists a fortune the better.

george

Last edited:
I understand your frustration with the system. It's really crazy how things work (or more correctly don't work) sometimes. Did you try to order a Nemo by chance. I do like that Blue Neysha that PSA have, but I don't like it enough to prefer a Nemo or Bipper overall.

My Qubo took 7 weeks from order to arrival at the dealer's and that was in the summer.

By the way, Bipper is pronounced Beeper in French if that's worth anything to you. Make sure the first thing you do on delivery is to press the horn button and make sure it goes "bip-bip"!

Cheers,
I already owned a Bipper 2 tronic 1.4Hdi which was converted to a camper.
I have a Fiat in the family.

Called a Car Supermarket today in England that was advertising a 95BHP Dualogic with 3000 odd miles.
Another of their dealerships had the same Qubo advertised with 2000 miles but no mention of being a 95 Dualogic.
Same pictures & same Registration number.
Both were £12,000.
Salesman had not a clue when i asked about it being up as a 95 bhp
http://www.autotrader.co.uk
Still waiting for them to call back.
Will not hold my breath.

Some low milage bargains for sale in the UK right now.
Will not touch them with a barge pole though.
Amazing how often the Car advertised is a Demonstrator that they do not yet have but will be for sale in 3 months time, they take a deposit but are good at gizumping you.
They never like passing the bargain they get in buying their demonstrator in the first place.
So many adverts & advertised asking price are there to wind you in to look,
thats what i mean about it being difficult to Buy what you actually want.
Worst i have experienced yet is Alfa Romeo, Skoda comes close.

How do you know a car salesman is telling a lie?

.Their lips move.

UK Nemo's are a very basic equiped vehicles, & very light interior fabric.
george

Last edited:
The first question I asked was is it possible to get a 95 HP Trekking with Dual Logic. Uh, no. that's not possible, I was told. I could take the 75 HP with Dual Logic. No thanks. The 95 HP and Dual Logic are not listed together in any trim level here in the Qubo.

It's back on the UK website again. Better yet, the Belgian and French websites are now working properly. These aren't as good as the UK website but have a look just to see the huge differences. Actually, it can be any other Fiat site in Europe if you speak German, Spanish, Dutch, etc.

Cheers for that.
I am on a Mobile dongle just now and the UK Fiat site brings my Netbook to a grinding halt sadly.
Will check the site out when i can.

george

The Trekking that has returned appears to have extra (chrome) cladding on the sides & has a new colour called, wait for it.......Wonky Techno Orange!

It looks good, but what a name for a colour! Still, glad to see Fiat are supporting and tweaking the Qubo (and new Doblo) range despite modest initial sales, as in the past they've abandoned slow selling models too soon i think - ie Idea, Croma, Sedici.

Good news (y)

They've had some pretty strange names for their colors for the past few years. Makes me wonder if Cowpie Brown isn't in the pipeline.

That Orange wasn't available here in Belgium (it has recently been added) but no matter. I didn't want it because it was a non-metallic "Road Repair" or "Garbage Truck" Orange. I took 293/A Flamenco Red but I'd have thought twice if 505/A, Arancio New Batik had been available.

The trim change may have made the Trekkings hard to order. Strange as the Trekking spec was improved with the euro 5 introduction and it has now had another boost within about 6months.

Not seen any of the new ones with the extra trim yet but plenty of euro5s with the alloys running around in Turin.

The Trekking that has returned appears to have extra (chrome) cladding on the sides & has a new colour called, wait for it.......Wonky Techno Orange!

It looks good, but what a name for a colour! Still, glad to see Fiat are supporting and tweaking the Qubo (and new Doblo) range despite modest initial sales, as in the past they've abandoned slow selling models too soon i think - ie Idea, Croma, Sedici.

Good news (y)
I don't care for the extra chrome or even the chrome strip on the front bumper. I'm even thinking of replacing the front bumper with one from a Fiorino. The Fiorino has the foglights higher up and almost flush so I'm thinking less wind resistance. When all is apart I'll likely get the chrome strip painted body color since the new bumper will also need painting. Same again for the hood/bonnet. I'm thinking of replacing it with one from a Nemo to eliminate the bulge and the badge for a smoother look.

Back