Technical Gear stick moves when accelerating - 1.9 Sporting

Currently reading:
Technical Gear stick moves when accelerating - 1.9 Sporting

Dittoo

Hey,

Just got a new Punto this weekend and would like a bit of help please :D

https://www.fiatforum.com/newbie-central/286457-new-member-grande-punto-1-9-a.html?p=2896947

I didnt notice on the test drive, probably because I couldn't get it up to speed, but when accelerating, the gear stick moves forward a bit, and then backward when foot is taken off the pedal.

It's most noticeable in 5th and the movement is about 1-2cm.

Is it anything to be concerned about? I know its a big Diesel block in the car, does it happen to anyone else? Some people say its nothing unusual just the engine moving on its rubber mounts, others say the mounts are too loose and it needs sorting.

Its a 1.9 Sporting, 35000 miles.

Cheers!

Hey,

Just got a new Punto this weekend and would like a bit of help please :D

https://www.fiatforum.com/newbie-central/286457-new-member-grande-punto-1-9-a.html?p=2896947

I didnt notice on the test drive, probably because I couldn't get it up to speed, but when accelerating, the gear stick moves forward a bit, and then backward when foot is taken off the pedal.

It's most noticeable in 5th and the movement is about 1-2cm.

Is it anything to be concerned about? I know its a big Diesel block in the car, does it happen to anyone else? Some people say its nothing unusual just the engine moving on its rubber mounts, others say the mounts are too loose and it needs sorting.

Its a 1.9 Sporting, 35000 miles.

Cheers!

mine was doing that, got to the point where it moved a good 1-2inch so took it to dealer and diagnosed as needing new gearbox, it had a new mount prior to that which did nothing. they said it was excessive play inside the box. tight as a tiger now with a new gearbox

New gearbox?

How much was that:eek: Was it covered under warranty?

just an update to this. My car did this but since i got it back from the fiat garage and it had it radiator replaced it doesnt do it anymore... Strange I know but im not complaining.

Well ive called a couple of dealers and they both have said it's nothing to worry about, just the engine moving on it's mounts.

If it gets any worse i'll take it in but it seems all good:)

Back