General Suspension Help???

Currently reading:
General Suspension Help???

hi peeps,

as some may know i have a new 2011 Punto Evo,

i added alloys from the Grande Punto Dynamic ones as mine is an active....

theyre balanced perfectly fine, the car drives fine but.....

when your progressive brake and turn the car to the left or right it makes a really noticable creeking noise seems to be coming from the left any idea's what this may be?

any info much appricated as i am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow with keys and logbook in hand as this has now become a joke 5 issues in 3 months of ownership!

not impressed with FIAT at all!

Not sure what problem that would be! I changed my 15" wheels to 17" alloys and they have been fine. You dont seem to have much luck with yours. This trip back to the dealers would be the forth time for me since Feb and this time there are quite a few probs! Hopefully they may be able to do something for you!

it also happened this morning when my car was at a complete stop and i held my foot on the brake it creek again, however this has only started to happen now that its been raining....

my alloys are on right bolts fully secure with locking bolt too...

its my 5th trip back to the dealer as of tomorrow i am seriously considering taking my keys and logbook in with me and telling to keep it im furious ive never had this amount of problems before..... i always owned new and had 6 car upto now this is the only one to really annoy me...

think its time i go back to Vauxhall again

to be honest im just so disapointed by the car it just doesnt live up to the Corsa i had before this...

i think im going to be handing it back tomorrow im that frustrated so far its had 2 new rear light clusters the heater vents replaced in the dash as they where stuck in the off position, now the issue with the paint and the brakes/suspension and starting issue on a car thats 3 months old! RATHER ANNOYED!!

Think that is best as they may be able to do something for you! If you dont ask you wont ever know! I had my lights changed about 3 months ago and they have both gone again but really bad this time. I have also had the dash board thing hanging off! The main thing I am worried about is the starting as it either wont start until the 5/6th try or it will start up really rough. I will find out friday.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Think that is best as they may be able to do something for you! If you dont ask you wont ever know! I had my lights changed about 3 months ago and they have both gone again but really bad this time. I have also had the dash board thing hanging off! The main thing I am worried about is the starting as it either wont start until the 5/6th try or it will start up really rough. I will find out friday.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Well i rang the dealer yesterday and was told they would ring me this morning to book it in.... still not had a call back and the service department is only open till 12.... really angry.... i was apologies by to by a sales assistant and she told me that she was going to speak to the branch manager.... i would have atleast expected a courtesy call back from him apologiesing but nada.......

not good for one of the biggest dealer networks in the UK is it....

Arnold Clark shocking!!!

to think ive been a loyal customer and bought 3 cars from them now... seriously going to consider another dealer soon, where i live is over 25 dealers around my town, but ive always gone there quite disapointed

Last edited:
Always hate it when they say they will ring and they never do. I have to admit my dealer has been very good. The times before they have collected my car, done the work and bought it back to me. Now that I am working they have got me a courtesy car and a auto too as I only got an auto lisence!

I would rather them keep my car a week or so and have a good look into what the problems are than just give it back after a day. It shocked me before when I took it in for a few small problems and they gave the car a check over and they phoned to say that there was too many faults found to give it back so they had to keep it for a further 4 days and the car was only 3 months old then. As they say with fiat ... Fix It Again Tomorrow!!

Took it back to dealership.... Spoke to a sales woman who I ended telling her I want to speak to a manager so got the sales manager... He booked it on Wednesday and is going sort it.... Apparently the pain work is iron fall out and they can rectify it but they won't give me a
Courtosy car because I'm 19.... So I've told them that I expect a loss of earning compensation I can't afford to loose £100 because I have to have 1 day off...

I finally got my point across when I stated I will hand the back for want of a better word they actually cr*pped themselves and booked me in for Wednesday

Think I'm going to go to call Fiat Direct and Arnold Clark's head office too

They actually said this to me 'you buy a fiat expect fiat service. You get what you pay for' in otherwords a massive headache!!!

yeah i saw your reply Andy...

dont understand how the bad quaility paint is down to me? my car is washed and waxed onece a week!!! weird how my previous car (silver blue black) all get driven in the same area etc and not a problem...

my car is parked in carpark where there is no trees or even grass..

and at home its either on my drive or in my garage... cant understand how anything can contaminate my paintwork

Well hope it all goes ok on Wed. It is poor service tbh. So are they going to give you a £100 for loss of earnings? I don't see what the big problem is of them giving you a coutesy car.

yeah ill be given a cheque for £100 on wednesday dont unstand why they wont just give me a courtosy car they knew my age when i bought it so whats the issue?? annoying

theyve been told that ill drop the car off at 8;30 am wednesday and i expect it to be ready for me to pick up at 5:00m giving them a total of 8 hours to spend on my car ive been assured by the sales manager he'll be
sorting this he also said this is appalling for a brand new car and shouldnt be happening.... he also asked if ive ever taken it back to which my reply was yes over 3 times now....

i work about 10 miles away from where i live no pulic transport on that route so i have no choice but to have the day off however if they'd just give me a car id be able to go about my business

told them im totally disheartened by the car and that im appalled by the dealership¬

Yer best to get something from them!

I needed a car as I work in the middle of the countryside and it is just a block of offices. From the dealers it is about 20 miles so I would not be able to get to work and I have only been there 6 weeks. I will have to say to Fiat on Fri that I need to get on the road as early as poss and I satrt work at 8.30 and I can only collect the car at 8!

Going to be a quick drive to work!

Yer best to get something from them!

I needed a car as I work in the middle of the countryside and it is just a block of offices. From the dealers it is about 20 miles so I would not be able to get to work and I have only been there 6 weeks. I will have to say to Fiat on Fri that I need to get on the road as early as poss and I satrt work at 8.30 and I can only collect the car at 8!

Going to be a quick drive to work!

apparently the iron fall out is caused by the wax the dealers put on the car.... :bang: so therefor theyre at fault... dont know how theyre going to fix the engine starting problems because it only happens every now and again

your gonna be in a rush arent you mate? lol better put your foot down (where speed limit permits) :D

just dunno what to do ive sort of lost all love for the car now

Back