Punto (Mk2/2b) "King Julian" Punto Sporting 16V 1.2

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) "King Julian" Punto Sporting 16V 1.2

Parksey

https://www.fiatforum.com/data/vbgarage/1/1/3/6/1/0/garage_vehicle-4335-13202606441_full.jpg Hola!

King Julian... the £250 mule!

Since buying him last July time, he's had:
- new gearbox, brake pads, track rod ends, front springs, front windscreen, straight-through exhaust
- bottom-half respray and another touch-up after removing the bump strips
- panels/a reweld on the chassis and entire floor of the car after an unprovoked attack by rust

Not really too fussed aesthetically.. might try a few more relatively cheap mods but, being in education and only 17, I'm a bit strapped for cash. He was recently taxed and MOT'd and is still in need of a new cam belt so my wallet felt/will feel it this month :mad:

Other than that, I love him!

Wow only £250, car looks real nice only thing id change is the wheels, nothing silly just some 15 inch sporting alloys maybe? if you managed the work yourself then you bagged a bargain i reckon...

I never managed all of the work, some things e.g. gearbox change and respray would have had me out of my comfort zone! But both the mechanic and bodywork blokes are family friends so I had the mates rates (y)

Not much more to say, really. Got the cam belt done and had the tracking done. Two new front tyres ready for winter, too! I'd really reccommend going somewhere and having your tyre tracking checked.. mine was out by aaaages, like a wobbly table it was! Horrible concrete roads feel proper smooth now.

Back