Technical Pipe location help please.

Currently reading:
Technical Pipe location help please.

Huwbishop

Get your own damn title.
Hi all, I am currently 70% through a 899 to 1242 swap. Need a bit of help.
Where do the feed and return pipes for the heater matrix come from and go to. I think from looking at the haynes manual the return is a t joint with the bottom hose, is this so?.

P.s I know it would have been easier to buy the hoses form an 1108, but I am making them from scratch.

Cheers guys.

eeerm... the heater matrix is fed from the port on the back of the head. this goes into a t-piece with a small hose that goes into the top of the coolant tank(which is important as it removes air bubbles that would be trapped in the head)

after the T piece the hose goes into the top port of the matrix. then out the bottom of the matrix then down to the front of the engine into the large X connection

Cheers craig.

Am I right in saying that pipe comes from expantion bottle to t piece, on to top hose of marix one way,then the other into inlet manifold. Then return goes from matrix to bottom hose.

Exellent, I have a plan to work from, now my best plumbing hat on off I go.

Nice one mate. (y)

eeerrrrmmm yeah i think so. hard to explain lol

by the way... seeing as your doing all the plumbing yourself... why not fit the radiator on the other side of the engine bay... its a MUCH better position and engine temps stay a lot more consistent due to the radiator not been heated by the exhaust while sitting in traffic.

Back