Technical major over fuelling problem :(

Currently reading:
Technical major over fuelling problem :(

euan92

Have put a 00 sei sporting engine and box in a 98 cinq sx. I have changed the ecu to cinq sporting so it starts fine but its over fuelling alot so much that lods fuel sits on top of the carb. Help because it wont pass a mot till its sorted. Any solutions? Thanks Euan

Hi everything connected. Thought it might be fuel pump or something?

Last edited:
Hi its the thats the same as the one in the cinq sporting if thats any help?

Thanks
Euan

spi so mate

the carb???
how do you no its over fueling, jut that theres fuel siting there? when these engines are ticking over there is fuel being sprayed onto the butterfly

Last edited:
No its not but its definetly over fuelling because when it revs the exhaust smokes and stinks of petrol. Plus it sometimes it fires back up through the butterfly.

Thanks
Euan

Iam pretty sure its not the timing because when I bought the donar car it ran fine and havent tampered with the inside of the engine or the belts. Could it be the injector?

Thanks
Euan

It might be missing becquse it stutters when starting then the rocks alot i have replaced the leads and plugs but maybe its the coilpacks so will replace them when i have the funds. Thanks for the help.

Euan

Last edited:
Yeh just had a check there in the right order. So probarly is the coilpack?

Thanks
Euan

Determine which cylinders are not firing. Once you've done that, swap the ignition leads around -- the two that were on the first coil pack on the second, the other two on the first. If it's the coilpack, the other two cylinders won't fire.

But, I think you've got two of the leads muddled up. The order of the cylinders is 1,2,3,4 from the timing belt side. The firing order is stamped on the head and on the coil pack bracket.

Tried what you advised and it didnt start so have ordered a replacement coilpack will fit it tomorrow so hope it solves :) Cheers for the help.

Thanks
Euan

Tried what you advised and it didnt start so have ordered a replacement coilpack will fit it tomorrow so hope it solves it :) Cheers for the help.

Thanks
Euan

Back