Technical stuck IN my car

Currently reading:
Technical stuck IN my car

MCThomson

Hi ,I'm new to the forum and am having a problem with my Punto Grande driver's door. I cannot open it from the inside and have to open the window and do it from the outside. This is okay for now but I may develop severe frostbite in one arm come the winter months. I ve been told I need a new ' door mechanism ' and this will cost around £300! Is this my only option on a four year old car ? I would appreciate any and all advice about this,
Thanks
Mags

Last edited by a moderator:
Was quite common in early days, see if your dealer will go halves with you, or if you have a Full Fiat Service history, see if they will cover you for a Good Will gesture as it was a known issue?

My last two did this. If you take the door card off, you can get to the handle and on both of mine, the little black plastic catch that goes onto the back of the handle had snapped. I just bodged mine with a cable tie and it workd fine.

Screws for the door card - some at the bottom, two allen key screws in the handle and one behing the handle ( Behind the plastic cover ).

Then pull the door card off slowly, its only attached by plastic lugs but be careful as you dont want to pull the cord out of the lock . Hope that helps.. My explanation skills are not top notch! : P

Back