Technical Brake discs

Currently reading:
Technical Brake discs

braden

At 65000 my front discs need changing. While I can put standard discs on, has anyone tried drilled/grooved discs and have a source for them? Also if anyone knows the cheapest place for standard discs that may be helpful too.

Cheers,

Braden

Thanks, ebc is £70 sipped, inc vat for a set. to go drilled/grooved is gonna easily double that so i'll get some standard ones i think.

Anyone changed a disc on an abarth yet, any pitfalls?

the ebc brakes were rears however i can get black diamonds for 117 grooved or drilled and 129 for discs thare are both grooved and drilled.

Surely someone must have fitted these?

Whats the preference?

bennyboy66 - that could have been the brakes that you fitted! Some brake pad are really noisy but very good...I think Pagid Pads are really loud!

Not sure about the disc making the noise though :confused:

i have ordered grooved. My loguc being that the discs are already vented and without ducting the holes would be redundant. The grooves should bust any glaze.

Anyone know the torque settings for fitting the new discs?

I fitted drilled and groved to an Alfa GTV and it made a huge difference to the stopping power, it was pretty amazing really - saved me killing a drunk when I was going rather quickly and he decided to stumble across the road...unfortunately they were a bit too good and some bloke ploughed into the back of me in some sort of Citroen van thingy.

In terms of noise, I never noticed a problem.

Couldn't tell you the make, they were bought and fitted by autodelta, they were pretty pricey though.

I fitted grooved Tarox discs with Tarox pads to my Punto HGT and it made a massive difference to stopping power.

The grooved discs were SLIGHTLY noisier but you had to be listening for it to really notice it.

Also went up to Dot 5 brake fluid but I'm not sure how much difference this makes.

Vimto2000 said:
bennyboy66 - that could have been the brakes that you fitted! Some brake pad are really noisy but very good...I think Pagid Pads are really loud!

Not sure about the disc making the noise though :confused:

The discs were black diamond & the pads were by EBC.

has anyone fitted black diamond discs to an abarth yet, I ordered mine they arrived and they dont fit (look like 5 stud discs) if you have fitted tehm please let me know the part number. I have kbd779G.

Back