Technical Fiat Punto MK1 SX75 -97

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto MK1 SX75 -97

Zwamp

Well as stated i got a Fiat Punto SX -97 (MK1)

When im out driving and going high on the rev limiter and slows down fast and press the clutch and holding it in the car dies. It´s like it got no idle, if i try to start it without giving it a bit of gas it wont start. But as soon as i apply some gas it fires right up but still no idle and the warning light with the picture of a key and the word code is lit.

If u turn it off for 15-30sec and then try to start it its almost always back to normal and it idles around 7-800rpm.

When it acts like this the the injection symbol lights up when im using the engine brake (not sure what its called) and get below 2500revs.

And then i got the problem that if i turn it off and let it sit for 1-1½ hour i cant start it. Its gives the same feeling as if the immobilizer was activated and u had the wrong key. I have tried with all 3 keys that i have no difference, but if wait for 5-10min it usually starts.

Plz help a Fiat owner out will ya ;)

Sounds like maybe you are over-loading the injector, if that's even possible? Try and give your injector a clean and see if this helps.

I would be looking at crank sensor and O2 sensor.
A code reader cable and FiatECUScan software will tell you a lot.

But why the need to bounce it off the rev limiter? Power has fallen off by then so it goes faster if you change up before it hits the limiter.

Well im going to get an appointment at a garage to check error codes, it will cost me 40€ but probably worth it.

Well its more my english that is at fault, im not going at the limiter only going high on the revs. Around 4k when i shift down at overtakes and such, and at times when im on the highway im at 5k when doing 165-170km/h. But im never bouncing of the limiter

If you have a laptop computer, the FiatECUscan free version does many things and a suitable cable is only about 20€

Sorry, I thought you were driving car very hard. :eek:

If you put your location into your profile we will try to be more careful with our use of English.

Do you got a link to the cable? ebay or something so i might check what kind of cable it is or a dealer that ships in europe

And it was a bit low to say that my english is at blame i know better :)

14-54-large.jpg

Will that one work out?

" K-line interface (a cheap VagCom KKL works great)" from iatecuscan

Back