General Am I the only owner of a Punto Evo 1.2??

Currently reading:
General Am I the only owner of a Punto Evo 1.2??

Hey Guys,

After looking around on these forums and at reviews / comments on other sites about the car I'm struggling to find any other 1.2 owners out there. Is this engine size totally unappealing to the general market? Have I maybe bought the "reject" of the Punto Evo range??

Also I don't know about you guys but since I bought my Punto Evo I was expecting to see them everywhere (it felt like this when I bought my Citroen C2) but this is totally not the case, my fiancée has asked several times if I can point one out to her when were out-and-about because she can't remember what it looked like in the showroom but I'm yet to see one of the new Punto Evo's on the road. I always thought the Punto Evo was for the boys and the 500 was for the girls but I see more guys in 500s then you could imagine..... Not that it stops me from asking if they got the optional lipstick holder (y) but I can't get over the lack of Punto Evo's out there, maybe people up north just don't have any taste lol!

DD :devil:

I know what you mean i've hardly seen any! but the odd few i have seen have been my life's 1.2's all 5 door only seen 1 3door evo, i have ordered a 1.4ma gp 3door hopefully be here on the 10th of october been waitin since july!!..when do you get yours?

I know what you mean i've hardly seen any! but the odd few i have seen have been my life's 1.2's all 5 door only seen 1 3door evo, i have ordered a 1.4ma gp 3door hopefully be here on the 10th of october been waitin since july!!..when do you get yours?

Hey,

I still haven't been given a date from the dealer, I only ordered it on bank holiday Monday and was told around 10 weeks wait so were talking November before I'm going to see it. I could of had a my life all ready registered to take away on the day from the dealers but since I was having to compromise and get the 1.2 (my fiancée only just passed so we needed to keep the insurance costs down) I wanted to get a few extras to make the car feel a little nicer. I ended up ordering a 1.2 Dynamic 3dr, with parking sensors, climate control, kick plates, style pack, visibility pack and finished in Progressive black, I'm going to ask the dealer is they can also put the style pack from the GP on to it (tints, skirts and sub) and then maybe add a spoiler and paint the calipers red but I'm a long way a way from doing all of this lol, the bad weather might make me wait to do and modifications until the spring.

DD :devil:

I'm in Essex, must admit don't see as many new Puntos around as I used to... Maybe the higher prices have put people off (my current Punto is an 04 Reg Dynamic 1.2 3rd and it only cost around £6500 from jamjar). Much less than my new one is costing me now!

Tend to see a lot of 500s on the road round here, nice looking cars but just a wee bit too small for me.... and can't help thinking they're less blokey than Puntos. :)

Ooops meant to say.... My new one will be a 1.4 by the way. Never had anything more than a 1.2 before, just fancied something with a little bit extra under the bonnet!

For the first year or so I saw no Punto Evo's on the road - although, the house opposite had one appear on there drive way a few weeks after mine (Weird!)

But over the past couple of months I've seen a few appearing, it's certainly not like a "new focus" where march comes along and you see 10 of them in the first week.

That said, I dont mind, it's feel more unique & its a great car deffo one of the best for the money.

and if I were to buy a new car in the size class tomorrow, I'd certainly buy another Punto Evo.

I've seen about half a dozen My Life's around these parts.

I don't know how many Fiat have built, but they always seem to be sold out.

I bought the My Life because I really needed a low cost car, but wanted it to be new. The extras fitted were a bonus for a sub £10k car, Blue and Me, Tom Tom, Air con, Alloys, Electric Windows, 4 cyls (the VW Polo has 3). Plus it had stop/start £0 road tax and good economy.

It's no rocket ship, but it will do most of its miles in town 30- 20 mph zones so it fits the bill perfectly.

I have driven it on the motorway at 70+, it is a bit noisy and dare I suggest needs a 6th gear.

All in all very happy with it.

Another think with their not being many hopefully they will hold there value slightly more.

I see 1 other evo everyday but that don't really count as it's my dads. Always get weird looks if we follow each other as reg are nearly identical

I’ve gone from driving a VW Golf TDI DSG (which was a company car) to a Fiat Punto Evo Mylife 1.2l; I’m not going to pretend the Fiat is as refined on the road as the VW, but for a car that is half the price, I think you get a lot of car for your money. I bought the Fiat in March, I’ve done 5,500 miles in it and have had no problems at all. I get practically the same average mpg (50 mpg) from the Fiat 1.2l petrol engine as I did with 2.0l diesel engine and with a yearly VED of £95 its going to be a cheap little car to run.

if this is any use:

i was told by a dealer that the 1.2's were done away with by fiat because the difference to the 1.4's were very few and the insurance band was the same so it saves them the hastle of making another engine size

i have a punto evo 1.2 lol its the one i ordered from the dealer having driven the 1.4 and weighed up the insurance it was more sense to buy a 1.2 active and spec it up :) so your not on your own..

Back