How to identify engine?

Currently reading:
How to identify engine?

ktravers

Hello everyone. I have an 850 Fiat Campervan (Fargo)? From 1972. I'm not certain what engine is in her and would really appreciate some help as I need to get a new radiator.

Apologies for the model specific question but there doesn't seem to be a category for my vehicle?

Thank you for reading and if you can help me out it would be great.

If you ring fiat wont they be able to tell you just by the reg plate or the vin number? Or do you not think their records will go back that far

If you ring fiat wont they be able to tell you just by the reg plate or the vin number? Or do you not think their records will go back that far

Really not sure, first FIAT i've ever owned. I'll give it a go and let you know what happens. There is also the possibility that the engine has been replaced over the years?

Check the VIN Plate - might give engine number / version.

Failing the info is probably stamped on the engine block somewhere. The first plave I would look is on the end of the engine block nearest the gearbox. Could be one either the left side, right side or end face of block.

Thank you for info, I'll look for it properly tomorrow. The only thing I've found so far is a number on the block but I think this is a casting number.

Just got a Haynes Manual which shows where to find the VIN number so hopefully the plates are still there.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

Kes

Back