Car of the month

Currently reading:
Car of the month

JustAndy

Doesn't own a fiat..
On a couple of other forums there is a "Car of the month" where people enter their cars into a thread using one or 2 of the best pictures and then after a certain amount of time say a week there's a poll that goes up where people can vote for the car they like the most.
and to give everyone a fair chance of winning you can only enter your car every 2-3 months. Maybe have a banner as a prize just for the month that you have won for then it gets given to the person who wins next month
What do people think to this?

On a couple of other forums there is a "Car of the month" where people enter their cars into a thread using one or 2 of the best pictures and then after a certain amount of time say a week there's a poll that goes up where people can vote for the car they like the most.
and to give everyone a fair chance of winning you can only enter your car every 2-3 months. Maybe have a banner as a prize just for the month that you have won for then it gets given to the person who wins next month
What do people think to this?

Yes! Similarly, on another forum they have a "créme of the crop" section. Where the best cars are shown. Bit like a members motors section but with the best ones.

Yes! Similarly, on another forum they have a "créme of the crop" section. Where the best cars are shown. Bit like a members motors section but with the best ones.
Yeah i think it works really well tbh, oh and another rule, fiats only lol none of the non fiat crowd :p
What do you think of the banner as a prize? (if its even possible to do that)

And just what would it be judged on? Originality? Sound systems? Modifications? Mint'ness??

Just peoples favourite cars, If people like the ICE then they can vote for the car with the best system and if people like how original the car is, they vote for the most original. Just personal preference on the car they like the most and if they dont like any car thats up that month they dont have to vote :)

it worked on a forum I was on before but not sure how it was judged....its a good idea though. Because I find myself loooking through loads of 'members motors' trying to find some of the best

Maybe you could judge it on how many likes the 'members motor' has got, for example

Last edited:
Yeah well maybe we could have a certain section each month, like one month have a vote for who people think has the best sound system and next month have the best looking car etc etc there could be loads of categories

yes there could. Id really like something like you said. whats the chances of it getting implemented?

Yeah i think it would be a good aspect to get peoples cars noticed for how good they actually are. Not too sure on it actually happening, will have to see what Ben thinks when he sees this and how complicated it would be to incorporate into the forum and where it could go etc

Yeah i think it would be a good aspect to get peoples cars noticed for how good they actually are. Not too sure on it actually happening, will have to see what Ben thinks when he sees this and how complicated it would be to incorporate into the forum and where it could go etc

yeah see what he reckons...would be good though (y)

maybe if we :worship:

Its been suggested before and got shelved, have a search in this section for the previous thread

It would cause numerous arguements if people didnt agree with the winner, the winner would get end up getting a massive swollen head no doubt, people would moan and wonder why there car wasnt in it, the fact people have certain friendships on here, there is the opportunity to cheat and big up a persons car even if they dont really like it and no one was willing to donate a prize every month

Last edited:
Good point. But couldnt we just have a "judges decision is final" sort of thing. But I see what you're saying :( shame though

Thing is that judges wouldnt choose the winner, the forum would with a poll. So everyone gets 1 vote and thats it so they cant like vote loads of times for a mates car or anything and people enter their own car in a dedicated thread so its their own fault if their car wasnt in that months poll. I still think it could work :)

i like the idea, dont make it complecated tho, just have the prize as if you win your catagory, you have your site name in the top left hand corner of the homepage aka 'butcher' and your site name is linked http to your members motor thread for people too see.

although thinking about it i can imagen people clicking on the link and saying 'wtf how did this win the best looking car of the month'

that kind of thing.

idk would be a nice idea tho

Nice idea but how would it be judged?

Or maybe this could change from month to month? Like different criteria?

Month 1: Cleanest car (best shine or something)?
Month 2: Most modded?
Month 3: Best interior?
Month 4: Nicest exhaust (video)?
etc etc.. could be good to have a list beforehand so people know what to enter theirs for!!

Nice idea but how would it be judged?

Or maybe this could change from month to month? Like different criteria?

Month 1: Cleanest car (best shine or something)?
Month 2: Most modded?
Month 3: Best interior?
Month 4: Nicest exhaust (video)?
etc etc.. could be good to have a list beforehand so people know what to enter theirs for!!

Yeah ^^ it just splits up the different polls then!! as some people may not have big sound system but has a nice standard genuine fiat 500 lets say, just seems fair to do a different poll for each month!!

Thats exactly what i want to happen! Like some people like go and no show and others the other way round so its only fair if each person gets a good chance to win!
So what do people think? Yes or no?

being a trainee graphic designer i have been on alot of graphics and art forums and they have something very similar and it works SO well.
every month or week a moderator will post a thread with the rules like what theme / how many images / if photoshop editing is allowed.
then all people who want to take part will post there entries in the replies.
then after a week, entries is closed. and the moderator opens a poll with all the entries in and let the public decide. leave the poll open for a week or so.
then on most graphics forums the winner has there artwork displayed on the forums homepage with a link to there artwork so we could do something similar with the winning image. and a link to there members motors thread. so people can view there car in more detail and give congratulations on winning.
really does keep a forum active having a little bit of friendly competition.

i know none of you wana see a graphics forum but take a look at this:

http://www.delta-visions.net/forums/

as you can see the winners image is posted on the forum homepage as a broadcast.

very good concept.
DO ITTTT :)

Back