Technical Getting to the OBD connector under fusebox

Currently reading:
Technical Getting to the OBD connector under fusebox

arne

So, I found the OBD connector on my Punto Evo 1.3 Multijet (2010) today on the dashboard fusebox... The only thing is: there is a small spring-loaded storage box in front of it. The manual says: remove with the two screws, but in true Italian form my car does not have the two screws, so I can see my OBD port, but simply can't access it because something is in the way.

Now, there must be a real simple solution, because the OBD should be accessible quite easily and quite often (it is the first place on looks when trouble occurs), but the big question is: how do i actually i get to it?

Hmmm, that would be quite silly as the OBD port should be available without too much trouble. The OBD connection is so useful these days that it is unlikely they designed it to be hard to reach... In my other cars they are available extremely easy, but in the Punto Evo it seems like they have something to hide ;)

when you open the little knee compartment if you hold the main trim around the openening and with a small bit of force pull towards yourself and the entire trim peice pulls out which is how you access the obd port its a push fit with hinge at bottom you may need to diconnect the buttons once the pannel down to take panel away if you wish to sit in the car

Back