General Ulysse front seat repair

Currently reading:
General Ulysse front seat repair

GHFP

Hello all

Not been on for while but the Ulysse has kept going with no problems and still is! However, the front drivers seat is now starting to show wear and tear with the cover tearing and the foam seat breaking up. Does anyone know where I can get spares or the seat repaired (I live in East Sussex)?

Thanks for any help.

Guy

look in your local yellow pages, should be someone local to you who does seat refurb's.

look in your local yellow pages, should be someone local to you who does seat refurb's.
i just went down to my local refurb bloke about a seat repair........ not good news i'm affraid, the way the seat is made, they have to fabric mould then inject the foam into it, which means they can't take the fabric off and replace the foam.
i phoned Fiat just for a giggle and the cost just for the pad is £600 plus VAT. :cry:

Hi all
Thanks for coming back to me and sorry for not noting earlier been on holiday. Thanks for the tips and found a local refurb place but looking at the fat end of £500 ouch! Looked on ebay and found a few similar cars being broken so trying that route now as probably cheaper (found a set of two for £20 but slightly different colour!):).
Will let you know how I get on!
Cheers
Guy

Guy, if you come across a grey Eleganza trim drivers seat on your search, could you drop me a PM (assuming that is not the one you are looking for!). Mine has the same problem as yours and I am having no luck in finding one. thanks, Lindsay

If the cloth is OK why not buy the other seats and transfer the foam. It shouldn't be too hard for an upholsterer to do that.

why not replace the complete seat?
It shouldn't be too hard to find a seat at a car dissassembly company (or what is the proper English word these days? You're not allowed to say "demolition" anymore ...)

as said, cant you just buy the seat, then take to an upholster's and they can make 1 good seat from the 2

According to my local refurb bloke, the way the seat is made, they have the fabric then inject the foam and it sticks to the fabric, which means they can't remove the fabric to repair the foam, an i would say they wouldn't be able to replace the fabric either for the same reason.

as said, cant you just buy the seat, then take to an upholster's and they can make 1 good seat from the 2

I didn't mean make one good one out of two seats; I meant exactly what I wrote: just buy a good (used) seat and put that in ...

Trouble is so many of the damn seats go like that because they are poorly made so not a lot of decent used one's to choose from. Other option is to forget matching them and widen the search to include C8 and 807s......

I agree that quality wasn't the first thing on PSA's mind when the designed the seats for the Ulysse/C8 etc. It may indeed be particularly challenging to find a (matching) Ulysse seat, but Peugeot and Citroën seats are not that hard to come by. No idea if the UK driver's seat is any different from the continental right seat, but if it isn't and you've got trouble locating one in the UK, send me a PB; I've got a good supply of seats close to where I live.

I've recently gone from a MkI to a MkII Useless and the new seats are beyond rubbish.....not only is the quality shocking but they are way heavier than the old MkI seats. I already have one seat that won't slide backwards and forwards because the mechanism is screwed. There are lots of things that are better on the newer ones, but the seat design is a real let down.

probably the handle that unlocks the mechanism has come off; I've got the same with one of my chairs. The trouble is: you cannot mount a new handle, you'd need a complete new mechanism. The handle is mounted to the mechanism by means of a plastic ring; talk about poor quality :eek: ...

However, if you reach a little further under the chair (past the big aluminium bar), there's another handle there that does the same thing. It's the one the unlatches the chair once you've got it folded and stowed, but in upright position it'll allow you to move the chair back and forth.

Thanks - that works a treat. I had reason to take the center seat out this weekend - my god, it's heavy....although the 3 point belt is way more useful than the old laptop in the MKI.

as Johan Cruijff put it: "every upside has it's downside".

The 3-point seatbelt was a must in our car, so we take the heavy chairs for granted. Even though it's not necessarily true (and has proven not to be ...) the heavier seats suggest good stability and build quality :D.

By the way; there's very little reason to actually take out the chairs, I found. Once you've got all the back rests folded flat, you've got an enormous amount of space.

Back