Expired photocard licence?

Currently reading:
Expired photocard licence?

Didn't the DVLA send you a form? i got one about a month before mine expired?

No they didnt and there is no way I would have ignored it if they did, I dont take chances when it comes to driving and keeping it all legal. I wouldnt have had a clue if I hadnt been on that website looking for something else.

ohh driving without a licence :bang:
In these specific circumstances thats not as serious as it sounds. If caught, the offence would be "driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence where you could be covered". Which carries a small fine, no points and does not invalidate your insurance.

Important to distinguish this from the other sort of driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence which covers people who drive on a provisional with no L plates or supervising driver.
Those cases do carry points and may invalidate your insurance depending on the wording of your policy.

As I don't have the photocard I know not what I'm on about but surely the photocard is simply a driver's identity card? Is the paper licence not valid without the card alongside it? After all, the older paper licence is valid for donkeys years.

And I suppose we are charged a small fortune every time the photocard needs renewing?
Yet another way to squeeze the honest motorist for more cash

i see on police interceptors that photo id does work, they pulled a bloke who was trying to say he was 60 when he was 42, they thought he didn't look 60 and he couldn't remember his dob. so they called it in and a motorbike cop arrived with a printout of the photo licence matching the name given, different bloke in photo, guy borrowed uncles car and was trying to say he was the uncle.

uncles fiat brava got impounded £500 to release

i see on police interceptors that photo id does work, they pulled a bloke who was trying to say he was 60 when he was 42, they thought he didn't look 60 and he couldn't remember his dob. so they called it in and a motorbike cop arrived with a printout of the photo licence matching the name given, different bloke in photo, guy borrowed uncles car and was trying to say he was the uncle.

uncles fiat brava got impounded £500 to release

I saw this the other night, pulled him due to petrol flap not staying closed.

Back