Technical Best tyre width for 14 6J wheels

Currently reading:
Technical Best tyre width for 14 6J wheels

I need some new tyres for my new wheels.
The wheels are 14" 6J.

I have found some Yokohama's A539.
But I'm not sure what width is best for me 175 (70 euro's a piece) or 185 (83 euro's a piece).
It's not the money that counts but rubbing in the arches.

This friday the will be rolled and the current 7J wheels will be replaced by these.
I test fitted the new wheels and the clearance to the trailing arm on the back is the same so it should come inside the arch.

I'm afraid that the 185 is to wide and will stick outside of the wheel.
Does anyone have these tyres on a 6j wheels and do the tyres stick out?
Maybe pictures?

195/45/14 on a 6j rim, no scrubbage but the suspension was fairly stiff

comp.jpg

You can use the following sizes with 6x14" rims.

175/65R14-205/55R14-185/65R14-185/60R14

Be aware Yoko A539 tyres are now discontinued as a model to choose from in their range

Dont know what stock is like but eventually there is going to be none available eventually so maybe worth having a backup model just in case the above scenario occurs and you have your heart set on this particular tyre

I had these tyres in 195/45/14 and i cant recommend them enough (y)

As I think I told you some time ago, 195/45/1s are the best choice. Firstly because they're cheaper in performance brands, secondly cos you'll need all the widthh you can get in a turbo car. Uniroyal Rainsports are a good performance per pound choice, as are Falkens (but the Falkens do not, IMHO, suit cars with stiff suspension in thar size).

WTH, I'm still concerned that your choice of rear spacer is extreme. I've fitted 195/45/14s on 6J Compos with 35 offset and 3mm spacers on the rear. Too much offset at the rear ruins turn in (and will force contact with the arches. What ET are the new wheels?

New wheels have an ET of 35.
Stil the 15mm spacers are needed.
I test fitted the wheels and I have about 3mm of clearance from the wheels to the trailing arm.
Also I currently have 195's and as there still hitting the arches I'm not going to take the risk.
Maybe if I see the 185 have enough clearance the next tyres will be 195 again.
Still the turbo project is a long term project.
Atleast another 4 to 5 months I guess. Money is not growing on the tree outside my house:( would be great though:yum:

Something is very wrong. Take it to someone who knows Centos. The only possible cause of contact with the arches given that set up is the size of the spacers. Lots of people here have run 35 Compos with the set up I describe with no issues (or, with 35mm + drops, light contact with the inner arches). With 35et, 195/45/14s and a rear disk conversion you don't even need the 3mm spacers!

You are risking your safety and that of others if you proceed.

If money is scarce, why fit more expensive tyres?

I checked it out.
Everything is straight and as it should be.
I'm wondering how you run 195/45/14 on 7J wheels with a 40mm drop without rubbing.

As a test I bolted my wheels to a standard seicento abarth and with a 40mm drop that would definitly hit the arches.
When we drove around it even catches.

Well fitted the new wheels with the new tyres.
Also the arches are rolled.
With big bumps they still catch. Think it's the bumper but i'm not sure yet.
Gonna see if I can place some 10mm spacers but I think it's a no go.
Clearance between the trailingarm and wheel is small.

Also in the front I have 15mm spacers.
When I go with less I think the steering joints will hit the wheel.

Ok,
I alway thouht the front must teh the same or smaller width as the back.
It's not catching on the inside.
I clearly see rubbing on the outside of the tyre.

The arches are rolled but not all of it.
They say it cannot be done as the metal would twist.

I'm thinking of cutting it out or cut it in every 5cm orso and the fold it upwards.
Anyone done it this way?

Back