Technical Rattle/Clunk in SX55

Currently reading:
Technical Rattle/Clunk in SX55

55sxJim

So whats new ? you say. Well theres a clunk or rattle on the drivers front underneath when running over ruts or other minor ripples. My local mech. thinks might be something loose in the rhs shock. Theres no sign of shock softness when pressed down hard and it's been there for more than 18 months ! Mech. has checked front suspension ball joints etc. on ramp using steel lever bar and sees no obvious problem. Dont want to replace front shocks just to eliminate them as they're expensive, seeing that no softness is present. Anyone had any particular experience of this ?. Could it be drive shafts (no other noises on turning etc.)? or steering rack (mech. says its ok during ramp check)?. Maybe steering column ? Dont want to wait until something gives. Help !

[8] P(ay)UNTO death. [8]

i know the exact noise your car is making,,, mine is doing the same thing... from reading posts on here it has somthing to do with the stearing rack bolts,, they need to be tightend,, maybe add some locktight to prevent ever coming loose again ??

i have not had it fixed yet so i could be completly wrong

the one problem with my fiat is that its to damn fast !!

Back