Technical Fitting new front discs and pads

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting new front discs and pads

donnymad

I have a 2005 Fiat Doblo 1.2D, and intend fitting new discs and pads to the front. I've managed to source the parts and have just removed one of the wheels to 'size up' the job. Removing the caliper was no problem, but the questions I now have are these:

# After removing the caliper carrier, in order to remove the brake disc do I have to remove the rather large nut in the middle of the hub, or does the disc slide over it?
# If so, I assume that it has to be turned anti-clockwise?
# There's seems to be a 'locking tab' (for want of better words!) on the nut. Are these easy to remove and can they be re-used?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I hope you have got it sorted by now?

If you cannot see how to do it get a manual.. they are dirt cheap on ebay.

Not the easiest thing to use granted.. not like the old style Haynes Manual but still useful if you can navigate your way round..

Simply remove the 2 wheel locating pins and the disk should come off with a little persuasion with a rubber mallet (if corroded onto hub) the manual states they should be tightened to 1.2 nm which is not very tight at all so don't go "He Man" tightening them up.. they only have to hold the disk onto the hum the wheel bolts do the hard work.

Hope this helps

Hi sludgeguts and wad2502!

Many thanks for your assistance. Yes, the job is now done and it wasn't so difficult after all! Don't know what all the fuss was about! ;)
Apologies for the length of time that it's taken to say thanks. Haven't had the use of a PC since July.......don't know how I've managed!

Back