General How much ££££ 20vt

Currently reading:
General How much ££££ 20vt

Steve-o_bc

Hi guys, im currently on the grande punto section with my t-jet. Basically want something to play with and up the power over the winter months, was deciding on a skybus or silvia but rather have a coupe.

So anyways what sort of money am i looking to spend buying a BOG STANDARD 20vt coupe. Not worried entirely on bodywork as my dads a panelbeater/sprayer. Engine would have to be 100% though.
Also im in Northern Ireland and not many for sale over here so would have to make the trip over to England.
also what would i have to lookout most for when viewing one.

Thanks

If you want one mechanically sorted your looking at £1500-£2000. Even once it's sorted it's constant upkeep that's required to keep them that way. Main thing to look out for is recent cambelt change (£550-£1000) depending on where you go. They also love to eat thermostats to make sure it gets up to temperature OK and stays there.

correct - 20VTs are available for less than a grand, but they will invariably need the same amount spending to bring it up to a decent standard

far better to buy a known good car from a longstanding FCCUK forum member, where you can track all previous posts to see what problems (if any) the car has experienced

I reckon if you spend £2k wisely, you'll get a good 'un

Just don't start modding it, otherwise £2k can very quickly become £10k, or even more (mine took £30k in mods and maintenance over 6.5 years!!!)

Back