General Who has new Evos in stock?

Currently reading:
General Who has new Evos in stock?

Hi,
I am trying to buy a Punto Evo, 1.4ma GP in black/blue for my wife and I can't find one anywhere local.

I have tried 2 Fiat dealers; Thames in Tunbridge Wells and Lipscomb in Maidstone, but they have no demonstrators and nothing "on the shelf" to buy.

Is it because they are so popular that everything made gets sold instantly, or are they not selling at all and Fiat aren't importing any?

My mate went to buy an Audi A1 last Saturday, picked one from a selection of 14 and picked it up the following Thursday. I can't even get a test drive in a Punto!

Really can't be bothered with the 10 week wait for a factory order, so what am I to do?

Any help gratefully received.

Antony

Tun Wells did have a multiair GP, I test drove it. I did have to wait for my Sporting though, demand was definitely outstripping supply. I would recommend Tun Wells though, excellent service, no messing about with the delivery date and have been very good with the minor niggles I've had.

They have sold that and have no more coming in, depending who you speak to.
Well the service I've had there, for our Multipla and Alfa 156 has been less than good!

Don't really want to buy from them but live only 5 mins walk away, so would be handy.

Lipscomb have been more helpful, but don't have any cars either!

By the way, what minor niggles have you had?

A squeaking clutch pedal when new and the courtesy light in the boot failed. I did look at a few cars before picking the Evo (DS3, A1, mini etc) and after 9 months ownership I still wouldn't go for anything else. The turbo on the Sporting does make a hell of a difference though and it is still very good on fuel.

Thanks for your reply. Doesn't sound too troublesome.

Sadly it is for my wife and I don't think the turbo will interest her!
I have tried 2 more dealers and it seems there are just none available to match my spec. Factory order it is then.

Cheers,

Antony

Re: Who has new Evos in stock? Just ordered one!!

Hi all,
very excited as we've just put a factory order in for a 1.4 multiair GP in Progressive black. No options.

Couldn't get anything off the price, and I did try, but got some more for the Multipla trade in, some mats and a tank of fuel.

I have a couple of questions I'll ask in another thread, after a quick search.

Re: Who has new Evos in stock? Just ordered one!!

Audi have filled the next 2yrs building capacity for the A1 before they put them into production. Thats why dealers have plenty of them in stock as they started to bulk purchase them to make sure they would have some to sell.

That would explain it then. What it doesn't explain is why the A1 is so unutterably awful!

Had a ride in my mates, 50 mile round trip; Horrid ride, on normal suspension and 16" wheels. The S-line on 18"s must be torturous. Very little room in the back - I (6'2") can sit in the back of a Punto quite happily. In the A1 I was very squashed. Also the seats, front and back, are incredibly uncomfortable. After 30 mins my back was aching. I have to lift share with this guy!!

The engine, 1.6 diesel, is very gutless, albeit brand new.

The worst thing about all this nastiness is the price - £18,000!!!!!!

That's a lot of money for 4 little rings...

Yeah stick an Audi badge on it and you can get away with anything lol.

My 1 series is the same for space in the back. Its 5dr and has less space than my 3dr Tjet when i have my seat in a comfortable position.

Back