Technical 94 Uno Fire 1100 core plug (Pictures added)

Currently reading:
Technical 94 Uno Fire 1100 core plug (Pictures added)

maxi26

hello Folks,

just wanted to ask how difficult it would be to replace my cars core/welsh/water plug, the one thats behing the timing belt cover, the highest one, because i see 2 round holes one botton and one at the top? the top one seems to be leaking coolant :cry:

thanx (please dont mind the silicon i used Lol it was n temp solution)

Attachments

• CAM_0146.JPG
    CAM_0146.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 713
  • CAM_0147.JPG
    CAM_0147.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 388
  • CAM_0144.JPG
    CAM_0144.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Unless you can easily get at the leaky plug then
take the engine out, or take the gearbox out, then the engine, do the clutch while you are at it!!

And if one plug is gone you will likely have others that are no good too, so do them all and save yourself the grief later when another one leaks.

Just did the clutch on one of mine, could believe how simple it is.
On a concrete floor, normal tool box and jack and stands.

I imagine they are as simple as the Lampredi engine.

That product certainly has good reviews, I have been skeptical of these kinds of products because I wonder what else they clog up. Only good for an emergency I reckon. I hope others can comment on the product somewhere.

On the other link: They say frost plugs are supposed to pop out and save the engine from cracking a block when it freezes. Really not sure about that, I am sure I was told they are part of the casting system for making blocks.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

thx for the reply. i think i wil remove both plugs just to besure i dont have to change the bottom on in a short while. wil try doing it this weak.

thx for your help;)

hi guys,again

i wanted to know if my measurements were correct. i measured the water or frost plug to be in 35mm diameter? is this correct for a 94- 1100 uno fire.

thx again for reply

Maxi26

Did you ever have an outcome for this? If I may ask did you replace this yourself and what method did you use? I have the same issue at the moment.

Before 2 months i replaced the same core plug no need to remove cylinder head or timing belt.
With the help of a screwdriver take off the core, rub gently to remove rust buy a new core plug(purchuaed a geniune fiat spare part) use glue for gaskets ,leave it for an hour to dry and refill with antifreeze

The easiest way to remove a core plug is to smack a hole in its centre with a chisel or screwdriver and lever it out.

Light clean the surrounding area with sandpaper, smear some sealant around the lip, place the new core plug in by hand..

and give it a tap around the rim to seat it, then a couple of short, hard taps in the centre to 'spread' it.

Back