Technical Multijet starting issues

Currently reading:
Technical Multijet starting issues

elevate29

Hi Guys,
Just found this forum and wondered if you can help. I have a 1.9 Sporting Multijet (06) which fails to start properly. It'll turn over but won't fire until after several attempts then can sometimes run for days without issue but then same problem. Diagnostics suggested glow plug relay, O2 sensor and Camshft position sensor (all replaced) but the problem remains. They're now saying it might need a new ECU so guessing that's pricey?. Been ongoing for a while and starting to tear my hair out!
Any advice greatly appreciated :)
Thanks.

An 06 Plate would make it a Grande Punto?
As the Mk2b finish in 05 / 55

Anyway - Sometimes starting sometimes not could be one of several things

I'm going to Assumed the Immboliser is playing here
As intermitant starting usally is the Crank Sensor been weak - so no spark is been created

However - thats been replaced, so other possible thing stopping it start is the immboliser - Do you get the yellow Key with Code written underneath illuminated when trying to start?

But while its refusing to start
i'd be getting the Plugs Checked
is fuel reaching the Fuel Pump?

Ziggy

An 06 Plate would make it a Grande Punto?
As the Mk2b finish in 05 / 55

Anyway - Sometimes starting sometimes not could be one of several things

I'm going to Assumed the Immboliser is playing here
As intermitant starting usally is the Crank Sensor been weak - so no spark is been created

However - thats been replaced, so other possible thing stopping it start is the immboliser - Do you get the yellow Key with Code written underneath illuminated when trying to start?

But while its refusing to start
i'd be getting the Plugs Checkedis fuel reaching the Fuel Pump?

Ziggy

Its a diesel Ziggy (y)

Back