Fiat Doblo - Blue smoke when decelerating

Currently reading:
Fiat Doblo - Blue smoke when decelerating

ahas

Hello All,

I'm a newbie on here, hope you can help me or point me in the right direction.

We have a 06 Fiat Doblo 1.9 JTD, 140k miles. When the doblo is decelerating from 50-70 Mph it chucks out a lot of smoke (which looks blue) out of the exhaust.

Best bit! Had the turbo changed by Fiat and the problem still persists. Then replaced the engine with one from an 07 Doblo... and still the same problem.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

ahas.

Blue smoke is oil burning, if the Doblo engine does the same as the original then it would seem that both engines have the same problem... worn valve guides. Oil burning on the over-run (slowing from 70 to 50 in gear without brakes) is classic valve guide symptoms.

Thanks Ffoxy,

Any ideas if this is an expensive job? I don't think my wallet can take any more especially after the new engine and turbo!

Is it worth doing? Reckon it will fix the problem..??

Thanks

ahas

Its a diesel so valve guides are unlikely as the engine will burn any oil that gets past the inlet guides. Exhaust guides are less of an issue with oil burning.

More likely the turbo has failed with oil going straight down the exhaust. Check the inlet side - if its oily its most likely turbo. If its whistling its dead/dying anyway.

Fiat can supply the replacement, but there are far cheaper options.

Turbo just recently replaced but OP doesnt say it was replaced with a new one though...

We had it replaced by Fiat, I'm pretty sure it was a reconditioned turbo, and we have to hand our old one in as a part swap.
What is the possibility of it being the EGR..?

Back