Technical Doblo van rear door won't lock

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo van rear door won't lock

allenpa4

Hi,

I've got a 2004 Doblo van with twin rear doors (right at the back, not the sliding doors on the sides!). The doors open and close fine both inside and out, but they won't lock any more. The key turns, and with the trim panel off I can see a lever which moves through about 90 degrees when I turn the key. There's nothing connected to the lever though, so I guess something has broken off which gets moved in the way of the rods which connect to the latches when the door is locked.

I can't find anything in the bottom of the door, but I can't reach all the way down in to it.

I've searched through other posts, but they all seem to refer to the catches or rods sticking and that's not the problem I have! It's not the bolt in the lock mechanism working loose - had that one before and had to remove the trim inside the van in full sun to sort it out!

Could anyone tell me if my diagnosis is right and if so, what part do I need to sort it out please? I found a photo of the rear door handle part, but it wasn't detailed enough to compare with what I can see in the door.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - yes, the 3mm allen bolt is tight, that's the one I had come loose before.

I'm fairly sure something has broken off. There's an arm more or less at the end of the lock barrel that turns through 90 degrees when the key is turned in the lock. That has a hole in the end of it which looks like something should be fastened to it, but there's nothing there.

Phil

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - yes, the 3mm allen bolt is tight, that's the one I had come loose before.

I'm fairly sure something has broken off. There's an arm more or less at the end of the lock barrel that turns through 90 degrees when the key is turned in the lock. That has a hole in the end of it which looks like something should be fastened to it, but there's nothing there.

Phil

Did you resolve this as i have the same issue? Is there supposed to be a small rod?? Mine aint there?(n)

Right, blazing a trail now as I've never loaded a picture up before!

I hope it shows enough of the lock mechanism through the hole in the door! Let me know if not and I'll try to get a different angle.

Attachments

• P5141004a.JPG
    P5141004a.JPG
    475.8 KB · Views: 956
Changing subject, now that I've posted a picture which shows the pale blue colour my van is painted - does anyone have any idea what the colour and/or paint code is please?

I've tried all the usual places for a paint code but can't find one.

Phil

phil, is the pin free (arrowed)?

lock.JPG

this pin moves the locking arm into position and returns by spring pressure, this seizes up and prevents the doors from locking. Working it back & forward manually and using wd40 will free it off.

Paint code is 3 digit code that you can get from dealer (phone them with your chassis number and they will give you the code) sometimes on chassis plate.

Reactions: TD5
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I was out yesterday so didn't get to see this until tonight. I've been and checked the pin and it was fairly free. I've worked it and lubricated it and now its very free, but sadly the door still doesn't lock.

What should move the pin? When I turn the key in the lock the lever with a hole in it (just visible behind the wire in teh photo) moves but nothing else does. The pin isn't moving at all, but I can move it manually quite easily.

I've got it sorted now - the lever which pushes the pin had snapped off at the base, presumably because the pin had stuck and I didn't know.

It cost me £62 for a new door handle and an hour and a half fiddling to work out how it all comes apart and goes back again, but I now have a door that locks which is much better!

The new pin is well coated in Copaslip, so hopefully it will give a good few years service before needing attention.

Thanks for the help T14086, you were pretty close but I suspect I needed to have asked the question earlier to have been able to fix it by freeing the pin.

Phil

Back