Off Topic Parcels to Cyprus..

Currently reading:
Off Topic Parcels to Cyprus..

Hi Guys/Gals,

I have a small dilema and wondered if someone may help..

I have some parts for the B waiting to come out to Cyprus but are having a problem with courrier costs. which seem to be adding to over 200 -300 pounds.

Id imagine its the weight of the particular items which are adding to this,
being my new brembo's, discs and pads..

Discs are 8 kg each , caliper at 3-4kg each and approx 2kg for pads. 8+8+4+4+2 total 26 kilos.

Other items are gasket sets which have no major weight but are fragile as do not bend.. so i guess my parcel complete is max 30kilos

QUESTION!!

Does anyone know of a courrier or a way to get them to Cyprus for less? ..

Many thanks, Kiry

Hi Kiri.

Are you sure about the weights. 8kg for one disc seems excessive. I have a pair of original rear calipers and pads in a box which I bought thinking mine might be seized, and subsequently didn't use them, The parcel remains unopened and I have just weighed it on the bathroom scales at 4.5kg. Even so, a 30kg parcel by Interparcel from Uk to Cyprus would be around £80. try Titan Courier Services.

Steve

Hi Steve,

The discs are the new front larger 305mm vented/groved discs from the coupe turbo with its brembo calipers and pads.

But i,ll contact the courier mentioned . Thanks (y)

Attachments

• 52236926.jpg
    52236926.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 52236948.jpg
    52236948.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 52236979.jpg
    52236979.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 106
Hi Kiry, shipping large stuff abroad from the UK has always been a problem. I used to sell a lot of servers and other computer parts to overseas buyers and it was a real problem finding shipping costs which were reasonable. I think I already mentioned to you that two overseas buyers of the brakes already pulled out because of shipping costs.

Parcel2Go is worth a look as it gives a few different options. Looks like there's one option here at less than £100:
http://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=60&m2=40&m3=40&w=30&cm=1&dest=77&col=214&qty=1

Tim

Hi Kiry, Just found this site I've been trying to get a front bumper from uk to bahrain for months. Had quotes anywhere from £300 - £600 !! :eek:

This place is the cheapest i've found upto now at £150 picked up and delivered (y)

26 kg from UK to Cyprus about £80 includes customs duty.

http://www.intercargo.co.uk/

Hope it helps....

p.s: nice looking brakes :D

Back