Technical coolent problem!!

Currently reading:
Technical coolent problem!!

I noticed that my temp dial wasn't working but the fan was coming on, so thought change the temp sensor, changed it today and still not working and fan not coming on but getting hot :bang: the sensor was of a engine i have not a new one but looked newer than the one i took off (n) i am lost what to do now other than by a brand new one and fit that...

any ideas/ help?

Thanks all benjii

There are two different senders for the guage and fan. The guage sender is on the back of the block behind the oil filler, so that is the one you need to change.

What car is the spare engine out of? If its not a Panda then the sender probably has different resistance values so it will be no good.

There are two different senders for the guage and fan. The guage sender is on the back of the block behind the oil filler, so that is the one you need to change.

What car is the spare engine out of? If its not a Panda then the sender probably has different resistance values so it will be no good.

thanks for that so if i change that sender it should work hopfully :), what about the fan not working?

and yes the engine was off another panda 4x4, going in my next project ha.

any other ideas anyone :D

Oh, is it all bled and filled up properly, the coolant level might not be high enough to reach the switch therefore it wont work. Is the heater working?

yes the heater is working fine nice and hot :) and yes its filled up to the right level and the 4x4 is self bleading am sure... plus i have squeesed the pipes to try and get any air out if any

Nope the dash dial wasn't working then so my first thought was the temp switch underneath the dizzy cap but still not working

The thermostat has nothing to do with the guage on the dash, it just regulates the flow of water around the engine, so you probably didn't need to change that.

I would now change the guage sender which is the one on the block to the left off the air filter to get that working. You can test the wiring by earthing the terminal on the sender which should make the guage go to the maximum.

Once the guage is working you can test the fan is working by shorting the wiring on the fan switch and then replacing the switch if needed.

The two things use totally diferent circuits so they shouldn't affect each other at all.

The thermostat has nothing to do with the guage on the dash, it just regulates the flow of water around the engine, so you probably didn't need to change that.

I would now change the guage sender which is the one on the block to the left off the air filter to get that working. You can test the wiring by earthing the terminal on the sender which should make the guage go to the maximum.

Once the guage is working you can test the fan is working by shorting the wiring on the fan switch and then replacing the switch if needed.

The two things use totally diferent circuits so they shouldn't affect each other at all.

okay i will try that tomorrow :D i had a quick look for the guage sender but could'nt see it :eek: will have another look though.
Benjii

Back