General smoky scudo

Currently reading:
General smoky scudo

paul1970

Hi,

I have an S reg scudo 1.9 el td , high mileage 175k but i think its in decent nick for its age , anyhow the problem ive got is the smoke its producing ,its very bad when im accellerating and still quite bad during normal running , its a black sooty smoke so im assuming its unburnt fuel and not oil as it rarely needs topping up.

Also it seems to take a second or two to start properley accelerating when i put my foot down, i dont think its always done this just started about six months ago but havent got round to investigating .

Have read that it could be either worn injectors or the egr valve , is the egr valve accessible and is it possible to clean/repair it?

Any advice much appreciated , dont really want to get rid of it as i think theres still plenty of life left in it but the smoke is quite embarrassing!!

Thanks ,Paul

Hi i have been advised to remove the diesel filter, drain fill with red ex and refit, run (idle) for 20 minutes as this will put neat redex straight in to injectors, after 20 mins take for a drive and fast acceleration will clean out burnt deposits of soot ! i am going to try this as i have a vehicle that is the same
alex1622

Hi i have been advised to remove the diesel filter, drain fill with red ex and refit, run (idle) for 20 minutes as this will put neat redex straight in to injectors, after 20 mins take for a drive and fast acceleration will clean out burnt deposits of soot ! i am going to try this as i have a vehicle that is the same
alex1622
Did this work?

I'd like to know if this worked too.... I've a 57 plate with 120k on clock and it smokes on acceleration .... yea more embarrassing than annoying.. although great when the cyclists take up too much space on the road, once past them ..boot it and chuckle.

not sure... how do i check.. its 2.0 6sp.. ben putting injector cleaner in the tank to see if that helps.... it hasnt yet, also its worse in this sunny hotter weather... yea i know diesels like cold air etc

Back